Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 26 Jul 19, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
MaxieB
Gone all Goofy

Fishing ?

He all,
We are flying out in 16 days ! 😁😎😁
We are over for 3 weeks and going to be revisiting a couple of our favourite parks. But we are going to explore a little more.
Hubby has suggested a little sea fishing. 🐟🦈🎣
Any ideas how to get this sorted.
Can we just rock up to Clear water marina and find someone to take us fishing?
Or better to pre book etc.
Anyone know how we go about this please?
Sorry if this is in the wrong place 😶
MaxieB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
weeleighluigi
Imagineer

I believe, in July, it actually came into force that in a lot of areas you cannot fish from the shore for certain fish and sharks without a licence so watch out for that. I also believe the licences are free or very cheap!
As for appearing at the harbour and finding someone, maybe a bit risky? Unless they have wee sheds with expeditions if you know what I mean, this may be very very pricey though. We have family there and they told me before it can be crazy overpriced. We ended up not going out (but we had young kids with us)

Maybe have a Google and make sure trip advisor is in the search? I have a feeling this kind of thing would be included in the "top things to do in clearwater" type search

Edited at 09:47 AM.
weeleighluigi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Might not be what you are looking for but guests of ours have used
gocastawayfishing a few times I do know it's not cheap
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Mobile

Need licenses from Florida Fishing and Wildlife (via Bass Pro Website) visitor pass is around $15 for 3 days.

sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DH had a days fishing, on a lake with Chuck Pippin. He picked DH up from Hard Rock Hotel. Wasn’t cheap.

This year we are in Naples and we’re both going on a fishing trip on Monday. It will be 6 hr trip $550 for both.

We did hire a boat the other day through groupon. DH bought a rod and he tried to fish without success. I had to buy a license - as we did for his trip last year through myfwc/license/recreational/visitors/
Very easy and cheap to purchase.

You can fish off the pier in Naples for free. The pier has the license. Google piers in Anna Maria, Clearwater etc just wherever you’re going to head to.

Just to add, if you go out on a boat with someone expect to have to tip on top of price.
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

My dad and sister always do this! They usually just google deep sea fishing tours and find someone close by! They’ve never had any troubles... this is usally down on the gulf coast though! I know they’ve been on a big lake somewhere when we stayed in Formosa gardens too... just have a look what options are around where you’re staying!
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Reunion
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
The boys in our party last September went for 1/2 day with Capt.Brian Caudill who is on Tripadviser.. we did book in advance and was lucky we did because the pickup location changed because of tides etc. They had a fantastic time, caught loads of fish (which they bought back for us to cook!)... would definitely use him again and recommend. From memory they paid $80 each for a private charter (4 of them).
Reunion is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List