Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Jul 19, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Wembleygal
Imagineer

Wembleygal's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Recent convert.

I bought a set in Winners (what they call TK/TJ Maxx in Canada), on a recent trip to Toronto.

I loved them so much, I just purchased a set from Mia Tui.
Wembleygal is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
letty
Imagineer

Have used them for years now, got them for a multi stop trip but now use them for every trip. My sons both use them for their own holidays now
Old 26 Jul 19, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post

I don't find they make my initial packing easier but they make repacking a bit easier. I don't organise my clothes by what I will wear together and when, I organise by type of clothing, so t-shirts cube, underwear cube, leggings / shorts cube etc. Then I hang up what needs to be but put other cubes in the drawers and that way it is quicker to repack when we are leaving.

We also both use one of the larger cubes to put a mixture of items in, including one footwear, and we swap cubes in case one of our bags goes missing.

I like using them.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Travelled hand luggage only this year, for the first time. We were flying to Memphis, via Chicago ,and I was worried our cases would go AWOL. I bought the cheap Amazon cubes. I'm now a total covert! I also bought 2 "Eagle Creek pack it garment folders" also from Amazon (sorry cant do link) These were amazing. You can pack a dozen shirts/blouses plus 2 pairs of trousers and they come out crease free. We were on a cruise plus a city stay before and after, did it all with hand luggage thanks to cubes, Eagle Creek and Aerolite 60L 2 wheel carry on suitcase.
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve been considering how to use these for a few weeks. Can anyone answer a question I have please ? Do you roll your items before you pack them into the cubes or just square them off before packing them? Thank you.
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post

I wrap mine.

So bulky ends of long items lay flat in bottom. Extend legs of trousers and long dresses out beyond the edge of the cube like wings. Alternate them so the wings both sides are equal. Put smaller items in the middle like strapless tops, shorts and what not. Then take each wing item in turn and fold and smooth it tightly back down into the middle over the rest of your clothes. Can get way way more in this way than you expect, it comes out crease free but can get heavy quickly.

Edited at 03:20 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Thank you all .i’m definitely going to get some .everyone seems to love them

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

OMG love love love packing cubes, I have just ordered a third set
They make it so easy!
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bestbubba View Post
Travelled hand luggage only this year, for the first time. We were flying to Memphis, via Chicago ,and I was worried our cases would go AWOL. I bought the cheap Amazon cubes. I'm now a total covert! I also bought 2 "Eagle Creek pack it garment folders" also from Amazon (sorry cant do link) These were amazing. You can pack a dozen shirts/blouses plus 2 pairs of trousers and they come out crease free. We were on a cruise plus a city stay before and after, did it all with hand luggage thanks to cubes, Eagle Creek and Aerolite 60L 2 wheel carry on suitcase.
I like the sound of the eagle creek garment folders. I hadn't heard of them but just watched a YouTube video. I think I need some of these.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsB87
Imagineer

I was always never really bothered by them as I'm quite particular in how I pack. But earlier this year we did Miami, Key West and Cape Coral and I bought some from eBay just so that I could keep my Miami and Key West clothes separate and just get the cubes out without having to unpack fully until Cape Coral. I actually really liked them and think I will continue to use them. I don't put everything in them though as I pack in a certain way. I use say one for bikinis, one for underwear, one for shorts and vest top, my evening clothes I've always laid on the top on hangers anyway and toiletires, shoes and bags have always gone in the top half of the case separately.

But to summarise, definitely found them useful for things you would keep in a drawer. I paid about £14 from eBay and there's about 7 in the pack. They're absolutely fine. I wouldn't pay any more.
MrsB87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List