Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 13 Aug 19, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Mole83
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridarules View Post
I have bought an Ipad before in US but assumed that the Apple watch (with independent phone compatibility 3or 4) would not work in UK because of the phone element. I could be wrong though
The GPS only watch is fine.
Mole83 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Mole83
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mole83 View Post
Order it into store, click and collect kind of thing, they keep it for 7 days.
In fact they wont get it into store till Monday, so they will keep it till the following monday, as you go in 7 days it may be worth doing?
Mole83 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
col1968
Apprentice Imagineer

In fact they wont get it into store till Monday, so they will keep it till the following monday, as you go in 7 days it may be worth doing?
thanks, I did that before at best buy who keep it for 5 days, couldn't see the info on how long Walmart keep them though?
col1968 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 05:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Mole83
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by col1968 View Post
thanks, I did that before at best buy who keep it for 5 days, couldn't see the info on how long Walmart keep them though?
Best buy will let you extend it, Once you get an email to say its ready they will give you a link to extend the pick up time, Than they extend it by another 7 days.
Old 14 Aug 19, 05:55 AM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Mobile

The GPS only watch is fine.
What is the problem with the watch not being compatible? I got an Apple Watch a few years ago while in Florida and I love it (only reason I keep my iPhone) but a couple of times its shut down so wondered about getting a new one. I know some of them you don’t need your phone with you to use the call facility, is this where the problem is? Can you not use that if bought in the US?
Old 14 Aug 19, 06:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Mole83
Serious Dibber

You can get 2 types, GPS only or GPS and Cellular, If you are buying in the UK you will be fine with either. If you are buying in America the Cellular part of the watch will not work in the UK i am led to believe, So you are wasting your money buying that one.

If you just use your watch when you are with your phone anyway a GPS one is all you need.

Edit: Im an Android guy so apple products are a little alien to me! Watches are for DW & DS

Edited at 06:07 AM.
Old 14 Aug 19, 06:37 AM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks Mole, I’m hoping mine lasts a little longer but may have a browse on holiday and will avoid the cellular ones.
Old 14 Aug 19, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
col1968
Apprentice Imagineer

Best buy will let you extend it, Once you get an email to say its ready they will give you a link to extend the pick up time, Than they extend it by another 7 days.
didn't know this... thanks Ill bear that in mind
col1968 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Yeah, cellular models don't work in Europe. More info here and here.

Edited at 11:42 AM.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List