Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 8 Aug 19, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile Character Warehouse I Drive - our experience today

Dd and I had a shopping day today.

We’re staying at RPR with no car so we took an Uber to the I Drive outlets, $8 got us there within 15 minutes of requesting a ride at 9:30am.

We were outside the character warehouse at 9:45am with it opening at 10am.

There were about 10 people there already and most seemed to be personal shoppers.

I was after a Kate Spade tote and clutch and could see through the window that they only had 1 tote out.

By the time the store was ready to open there was quite a long line.

I went straight to the till and they kindly reserved the bag and a clutch for me.

Dd and I browsed the store and got most of the bits we were after that we’d seen online before visiting.

I was amazed to see the personal shoppers at work! They were clearing the shelves of certain items. One couple had brought in about 10 large black storage totes and a wheelie trolley 😱

Large boxes of merch were brought out to them, there were boxes of plush and spirit jerseys that staff didn’t bother opening, they were just handing them over to the shoppers!

I’m glad we went at opening as we got most of what we wanted but I have to say that it disappointed me to see that ordinary shoppers are missing out on so much due to the personal shoppers.

Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 19, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We’ve had the same at the Bath and Body Works sale and Victoria Secrets is the worst I’ve seen some South America tour guides grab the boxes as staff are trying to put them out
BBW semi annual sale on the first day in June was a joke with dare I say it what was obviously a huge group of air crew sweeping the shelves to sell back home
But that’s nothing to being in home goods first thing when they put out Rea Dunn pottery you need a tin hat and flack jacket and x-ray eyes to keep an eye on your trolley believe me
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I always thought there was a limit on really popular stuff, 1 per customer, but that doesn’t sound like it’s case!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

We’ve seen this too. They are buying in bulk to sell on. Disney won’t do anything about it, they just want rid of the stock!
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mrs_O View Post
I always thought there was a limit on really popular stuff, 1 per customer, but that doesn’t sound like it’s case!
There was definition no limit at that location.

I would have got one of the yellow spirit jerseys for dd but they were just giving the boxes straight to the shoppers.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
There was definition no limit at that location.

I would have got one of the yellow spirit jerseys for dd but they were just giving the boxes straight to the shoppers.
It was the YELLOW spirit jersey?! Noooo! I was hoping they’d still have that in October.
Old 9 Aug 19, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
emilou
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

We spent that last 2 weeks trying to find yellow spirit jerseys for our daughter, we went to every store in every park eventually asked a CM who told us they have no more and won't be getting anymore in, really cross that these people have bought them all up. We even tried to get one today from a seller on ebay but by the time they added import tax on it was coming to just over £100
Old 9 Aug 19, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
show_the_magic
Excited about Disney

Mobile

This is really beginning to annoy me, on youtube and fb there are people who are personal shoppers / Ebay sellers and their hauls are ridiculous.
There should be a limit so it is fair to everybody but no, it'll only get worse.
show_the_magic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by emilou View Post
We spent that last 2 weeks trying to find yellow spirit jerseys for our daughter, we went to every store in every park eventually asked a CM who told us they have no more and won't be getting anymore in, really cross that these people have bought them all up. We even tried to get one today from a seller on ebay but by the time they added import tax on it was coming to just over £100
I’ve just ordered one from shopdisney and had it sent to Debbie (angelbabe personal shopping). Now I’ll have to keep an eye on the purple one disappearing.
Old 9 Aug 19, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

If they are personal shoppers then the goods are going to clients? As a personal shopper, we only buy what is requested by a customer.

If they are buying to sell on eBay however, I'm as annoyed as everyone else
angelbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List