Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 9 Aug 19, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mrs_O View Post
It was the YELLOW spirit jersey?! Noooo! I was hoping they’d still have that in October.
It was down to $24.99

They must have had at least 50 that they unboxed for one shopper and others were taking boxes.

The manager was overseeing this and said they’d only have a few 2XL left once they were done.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by angelbabe View Post
If they are personal shoppers then the goods are going to clients? As a personal shopper, we only buy what is requested by a customer.

If they are buying to sell on eBay however, I'm as annoyed as everyone else
The shoppers I’ve seen on YouTube buy lots then you have to message them what you want.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
The shoppers I’ve seen on YouTube buy lots then you have to message them what you want.
Thank you, so really they are not personal shoppers as such, just buying up stuff to sell on

I agree that unfortunately, Disney will just want the stock gone and won't care if it's sold on or not
angelbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

It was down to $24.99

They must have had at least 50 that they unboxed for one shopper and others were taking boxes.

The manager was overseeing this and said they’d only have a few 2XL left once they were done.
That is absolutely shocking, I wonder if they get some sort of kick back from the eBay pirates.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

That is absolutely shocking, I wonder if they get some sort of kick back from the eBay pirates.
Why is it shocking? They are selling mainly older season stock and want to clear it ASAP (otherwise it wouldn’t be reduced in price).

Makes sense to shift it as quickly as possible. Limiting all sales to 1 or a small number will just mean they retain stock for longer which doesn’t make business sense.

They do limit a very small number of premium items (like the Kate Spade bags) but the rest is first come first served.

Also to suggest staff are operating inappropriately just because some are buying in bulk (for whatever reason) is very unfair IMO.

It’s not ideal for holiday shoppers but it is what it is, just means getting there early to try to bag a bargain.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
show_the_magic
Excited about Disney

This is what I meant by being annoyed with the "personal shoppers", they arent they just go and clear the shelves then post videos up and people then submit their orders.

Edited at 08:10 PM.
show_the_magic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
Why is it shocking? They are selling mainly older season stock and want to clear it ASAP (otherwise it wouldn’t be reduced in price).

Makes sense to shift it as quickly as possible. Limiting all sales to 1 or a small number will just mean they retain stock for longer which doesn’t make business sense.

They do limit a very small number of premium items (like the Kate Spade bags) but the rest is first come first served.

Also to suggest staff are operating inappropriately just because some are buying in bulk (for whatever reason) is very unfair IMO.

It’s not ideal for holiday shoppers but it is what it is, just means getting there early to try to bag a bargain.
I find it shocking because it would get shifted just as quick if they put it out on the floor so everyone could join the melee. But to just hand it straight over to certain people doesn’t really appeal to my sense of fairness, but hey that’s just my opinion.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post

If they are selling boxes full of items to certain people without anyone else even getting to touch what's inside then that's hardly first come, first served. I understand that their goal is to get rid of their stock but if there are 20 spirit jerseys/banshees/whatever for a good price then they would still sell out the same day, even if they sold them to 20 different people instead of all 20 to one person. Disney's stock is still cleared and they still get the same amount of revenue, but now there is one happy person and 19 angry ones instead of 20 happy people.
If the item is meh or the price is too high then the bulk buyers won't buy it in bulk, either. The final outcome for Disney is the same.

Originally Posted by show_the_magic View Post
This is what I meant by being annoyed with the "personal shoppers", they arent they just go and clear the shelves then post videos up and people then submit their orders.
Have you seen the one with the storage units? When I saw that I wanted to comment "and this is why we can't buy want we want at the CW" but they disabled comments!

I find it shocking because it would get shifted just as quick if they put it out on the floor so everyone could join the melee. But to just hand it straight over to certain people doesn’t really appeal to my sense of fairness, but hey that’s just my opinion.
Exactly!

I enjoy watching CW videos but it has gotten completely out of hand over the past year or so. And it irks me when personal shoppers then say "the ebayers took it all!" as if what they're doing is any better. They're still buying up in bulk and reselling with a 20-25% upcharge. It's the exact same thing minus the ebay/amazon seller fees.

Mind you, I'm not talking about personal shoppers who pick up items for a flat fee, regardless of the amount. In that case it really is a service fee imo and not a pseudo-ebayer upcharge.
CosmicGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

personal shoppers should be buying items that have been requested not buying bulk to sell on for a profit via ebay. How do you know they were personal shoppers and not ebay sellers? Some items are still available in the parks so not always old stock.

Email disney with your experience - surely they want happy visitors as well?
Old 12 Aug 19, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Tco200
Imagineer

Mobile

We enjoy the character warehouses but not even sure I’ll bother going next week now, we don’t have a morning aside for it and it sounds like the shelves will be bare by the afternoons!
Tco200 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List