Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Aug 19, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Buying not hiring

This is just a personal post might help others

For many years we hired washer/Dryer TVs cooker . The reason was that if it went wrong then you could call them in and they fix it or change it free of charge. We did this for well over 15 years a few months back I decided to take part of my pension. We decided to buy tv washer/ dryer ect . I worked it out that over a year I saving 1500 pound. I get insurance to cover everything I think I take Maria for more meals out and and save some for more holidays
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

We've always bought, but sometimes on an interest free over 12 months deal. Spreads the cost if something unexpectedly needed replacing but still own the appliance. Never done any insurance on our appliances, I must admit half the time I forget to register the waruntee. Luckily never been caught out with something breaking down with the waruntee period.

Edited at 03:09 PM.
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

We've never hired, always bought, but do take out an independent protection plan once the manufacturers warranty has run out (shop around as prices and services do vary). Over the past 18 years we've had 3 replacement fridge freezers and 2 replacement washing machines, plus numerous repairs, all covered. We have no luck with white good at all!

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

I did not know that people are able to hire things like washers and TVs.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Kevin. I know you have made a good decision. Yes with a rental plan everything is covered but it's very expensive over the long term.

I stopped a Domestic & General insurance plan for all the kitchen white goods as I felt it was poor value.

Instead I push £25 per Month out of my pension into a savings account. I have over £700 in there as a 'what if' for a new machine or repair.

Sadly it will be used in a few Months as the 3yr old Grandson put dents into the fridge/freezer door with a toy car. Mrs Morrow says the appliance has to go.

There is a moral though. Black appliances show dents badly.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I didn't even realise you could still hire these things ! Always bought, never had insurances or guarantees unless given free, just pay in to a savings account so funds are there ready for repairs if needed and if not transfer some to holiday funds !
My mum hired everything when we were children. Mine think I am having them on when I tell them if mum didn't have 50p for the meter on the TV we couldn't watch it !
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
In Wales a firm called Just Rentals dominated the white goods rental market.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

honestly didnt think anyone hired white goods/tv's etc these days
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
voicon
Apprentice Imagineer

voicon's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I remember going over a mates house back in the 80s and they had to put 50p in the top of the TV to watch it!
voicon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

We never insure white goods. Mrs PPM picks the washing machine and always chooses a basic model with just minimal programmes, as she only uses two. We look for ones with two year manufactures warranty. Most we have paid is around £250. No WiFi etc ( why would we want to text our machine to start when we can programme it anyway?
If machine breaks down, it’s usually the start of more problems, so we change it out for a new one if needed. So far we have paid a lot less on replacement machines than insurance policies.
Our last fridge freezer lasted 22years before it died. Bought a new Beko to replace it and it’s still going strong after 13 years!
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List