Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 17 Aug 19, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
koi
Serious Dibber

Free parking at Disney?

Hi all.
After driving up from Miami, we are staying in Coronado Springs Resort for 6 nights & have just found its going to cost me $140 for parking at the hotel. We wont be using the car, as we will use Disney transport, until we leave & was wondering if there is a cheaper or free alternative?
I've heard we could possibly park at Disney Springs?
Any help would be great.
Old 17 Aug 19, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
The cheaper option is to not have the car while you are in Disney. If you have a car taking up a parking bay you will be charged regardless of whether you use it or not. Leaving the car parked at Disney Springs is not an option.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by koi View Post
Hi all.
After driving up from Miami, we are staying in Coronado Springs Resort for 6 nights & have just found its going to cost me $140 for parking at the hotel. We wont be using the car, as we will use Disney transport, until we leave & was wondering if there is a cheaper or free alternative?
Any help would be great.
You can’t park at Disney Springs overnight so not sure that will work.

Why not just save yourself car rental as well as parking fees and drop off the car when you get to Disney?
Old 17 Aug 19, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
parkgirl
VIP Dibber

parkgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Drop off at Disney car care. We did a MIA to Coronado drive and dropped the car off. We then did a different hire from there.
CSR October 2011, POFQ May 2012, POP July 2012, SSR April 2013, OKW Oct 2014, OKW July 2016, All Stars Music April 2017, OKW/BLT July 2018, All Stars Sports Oct 2019, Riviera May 2022, GFR/AKL Oct 2022, Disney 5K Riviera/copper creek 2024, SSR Aug 2024
parkgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by parkgirl View Post
Drop off at Disney car care. We did a MIA to Coronado drive and dropped the car off. We then did a different hire from there.
The Dolphin for car drop off/pick up is even closer to Coronado (not that it really matters!) but I guess OP will have needed to book the right rental co (Is it Alamo still?)
Old 17 Aug 19, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Hi all.
Any help would be great.
If you've booked through a UK agent, parking is free at the resorts for onsite guests until 2020, so I would question it at reception if that's the case...
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
pompeyboy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
If you've booked through a UK agent, parking is free at the resorts for onsite guests until 2020, so I would question it at reception if that's the case...
Looking at the OPs countdown it looks like it will be well into 2020 when they do the drive. I must admit it can read that they have already driven up but I suspect not.
pompeyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 06:40 AM  
Link to this Post
koi
Serious Dibber

If I use my car to go the parks from Coronado Springs, do I have to pay any more to park.
I'm thinking I could use my free $200 Disney vouchers to park, making it sort of free I guess!
Old 18 Aug 19, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
If I use my car to go the parks from Coronado Springs, do I have to pay any more to park.
I'm thinking I could use my free $200 Disney vouchers to park, making it sort of free I guess!
No, there will be no parking fees to pay if you use the car to visit the parks. You just get your magic band scanned at the booth and waved through.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

Sorry to jump on this thread but will Annual Passholder's pay for parking at a resort after April 2020
Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Saratoga Treehouse, Beach Club, Coronado Springs Resort, Hard Rock Hotel, Royal Pacific Resort, Endless Summer Dockside, Pop Century, Polynesian Resort, Disneyland Villa's, Aulani
disney20042012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List