Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 18 Aug 19, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Nordboy
Excited about Disney

Full size SUV MCO

Arrived and got through immigration by about 6.45pm last night. Straight to garage with Alamo, thank goodness as the counter line was huge.

Got to garage, only two vehicles in the Full size line. A Nissan and a Tahoe were the only options. Needless to say, the Tahoe won. And it is very nice indeed. A big black beast.

Goodness knows what all the people in the counter queue would be getting. Maybe they have a secret stash of vehicles elsewhere and I was just unlucky?

Leather, Apple car play etc all included which means that the vehicle GPS will work via google maps, in other words, connect my phone, search google maps on there and then the full map comes up on the car infotainment screen.
Nordboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
silver_age
Excited about Disney

That’s pretty much what I’m hoping for when we pick up our full-size from Tampa on Wednesday. A Tahoe or an Expedition.
silver_age is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
uk_mickey
Excited about Disney

We arrived last Friday again big line at the counter and we walked thru to the garage to find a good selection of full size SUV we chose the expedition max which I know was not quite what we booked but had no problem having asked the guy to find the keys away we went... we booked the Ford Expedition and the max was in the lineup
uk_mickey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Billy Beatnik
Imagineer

Hoping for an Expedition ourselves or a Tahoe, definitely do not want a Nissan.
Old 22 Aug 19, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
silver_age
Excited about Disney

Here now after what seemed like forever travelling yesterday.

We booked a full-size 7 seat SUV with Alamo at Tampa. When we finally got through to the garage after what seemed like everything conspiring against us to make every part of the arrival as long as possible (auto immigration machines rejected us all so we had to see a real person, lightning strikes delayed getting the bags off the plane), the woman at the garage said that my barcoded OLCI print out was not enough and I needed to go back upstairs to the desk to sort out the STC part.

Everyone was totally exhausted by this stage so I threw myself on her mercy and said I couldn’t face going back. We went off to her booth and she managed to click and clack away and do whatever needed to be done. Did the driving licence and credit card as well ($1 charged I presume just to check the card is good and will be refunded).

Whilst she was doing this I thought I would take the opportunity to chat her up a bit about how excited I was to drive a genuine American SUV. I had no idea what they had available at this stage. She went off and eventually came back with a Chevy Suburban LT as that was “the smallest they had”. Result. I checked that it was a class above what we had booked and she confirmed there would be no extra charge.

On the way out I offered her a $10 tip for helping us out and she flat out refused to accept it. The guy on the exit barrier just checked my DL and a print out the woman gave us, nothing about fuel service, and we were “good to go, sir”.

Not had a chance to even see the car in daylight yet, but it is massive. 45,000 miles on the clock with Massachusetts plates, so not the newest, but it drove perfectly on the 65 mile journey to Davenport last night. Working sat nav and Apple carplay, so we let the built-in system and Waze fight it out. I’ll have a poke around it when the sun comes up and see what other features it has.
silver_age is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List