Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 19 Aug 19, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
MoorMickey
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

We’ve booked the pirate party dessert party, but I’m seriously considering cancelling and booking the frozen one after reading about that. Too many to choose...
MoorMickey is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
SmilingSammie
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MoorMickey View Post
We’ve booked the pirate party dessert party, but I’m seriously considering cancelling and booking the frozen one after reading about that. Too many to choose...
I know thats the problem! ahaha

My First Ever Pre-Trip Report - Sept 2015
My 2nd Pre-Trip Report! - Sept 2016
My Orlando 2019 Trip Report
My Orlando Feb 2022 Trip Report
DLP - May 2013, May 2018
Florida - 1998, 2000, 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
SmilingSammie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 12:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

We've done all the dessert parties and rated them in this order:

1. Star Wars (the cocktails and savoury options just tip this into first place for us, although I wasn't happy about sharing a table when we did it last night and will be having a little moan to disney)
2. The After Desserts party, best seat for the fireworks and a lovely range of desserts, the cheeseburger egg rolls are lovely.
We would probably always do both of these TBH
3. Frozen, we thought the cocktails and desserts were lacking and I definitely didn't get my money's worth as I struggled to find nice desserts, DH did like the little eclairs though.
4. Rivers of Light, haven't bothered with it this year as last was so poor.

Top tip if you do a party pre-fireworks, fill a coffee cup with a cocktail and another with snacks...really fill your boots as I know these are not a cheap do! We were encouraged to do both, in fact, one year the bar man made us a "special" cocktail in a coffee cup after DH tipped him 😊

Edited at 12:44 AM.
Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
SmilingSammie
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Niki T View Post
We've done all the dessert parties and rated them in this order:

1. Star Wars (the cocktails and savoury options just tip this into first place for us, although I wasn't happy about sharing a table when we did it last night and will be having a little moan to disney)
2. The After Desserts party, best seat for the fireworks and a lovely range of desserts, the cheeseburger egg rolls are lovely.
We would probably always do both of these TBH
3. Frozen, we thought the cocktails and desserts were lacking and I definitely didn't get my money's worth as I struggled to find nice desserts, DH did like the little eclairs though.
4. Rivers of Light, haven't bothered with it this year as last was so poor.

Top tip if you do a party pre-fireworks, fill a coffee cup with a cocktail and another with snacks...really fill your boots as I know these are not a cheap do! We were encouraged to do both, in fact, one year the bar man made us a "special" cocktail in a coffee cup after DH tipped him 😊

Thank you! This is super helpful... its looking like Star Wars or Happily Ever After are the ones to do! Now to choose...aha

My First Ever Pre-Trip Report - Sept 2015
My 2nd Pre-Trip Report! - Sept 2016
My Orlando 2019 Trip Report
My Orlando Feb 2022 Trip Report
DLP - May 2013, May 2018
Florida - 1998, 2000, 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
SmilingSammie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Wigan Lass
Imagineer

I would go for happily ever after dessert after party in the plaza gardens personally.

The magic kingdom show is by far the most crowded and you really need to be square on in front of the castle to make the most of the show. This dessert party gets you that view in an uncrowded area without a long long wait. You can relax in the garden before the show..and the fact it’s an after party means you can go off and fill your boots so missing the mass exit from MK which in itself can take longer than an hour!

We did Star Wars last trip. I wouldn’t repeat that one. There’s no seating at the dessert party and the spot for the fireworks, whilst great, can be accessed relatively easily just before the show.

I’ve never done frozen simply because you can get a great view of the Epcot show from so many places in world showcase, I’ve never felt the need to pay for premium viewing.

I’ve also done pirates and Pals firework voyage which was fantastic, but an event rather than a dessert party and given you won’t see the castle projections from the boat not something I’d choose as my only firework viewing opportunity
Yacht Club October 2017
Contemporary October 2019
Wigan Lass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Wigan Lass View Post
I would go for happily ever after dessert after party in the plaza gardens personally.

The magic kingdom show is by far the most crowded and you really need to be square on in front of the castle to make the most of the show. This dessert party gets you that view in an uncrowded area without a long long wait. You can relax in the garden before the show..and the fact it’s an after party means you can go off and fill your boots so missing the mass exit from MK which in itself can take longer than an hour!

We did Star Wars last trip. I wouldn’t repeat that one. There’s no seating at the dessert party and the spot for the fireworks, whilst great, can be accessed relatively easily just before the show.

I’ve never done frozen simply because you can get a great view of the Epcot show from so many places in world showcase, I’ve never felt the need to pay for premium viewing.

I’ve also done pirates and Pals firework voyage which was fantastic, but an event rather than a dessert party and given you won’t see the castle projections from the boat not something I’d choose as my only firework viewing opportunity
We did Star Wars on the 18th and there was seating, when we did it a few years ago there wasn't though. I agree with your viewing point for Happily Ever After - it does get super crowded! Whereas we found a decent spot for Star Wars about 40 mins prior to the show
Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 12:36 AM  
Link to this Post
xcited
Excited about Disney

This trip we did happily ever after plaza gardens and Star wars dessert parties. Star wars was by far our favourite. The plaza gardens are a perfect view and is what your paying for, but the actual party was lacking in atmosphere, boring and the desserts I felt were uninspiring. Whereas Star wars also had a perfect view but the party had a much better atmosphere, music playing, storm troopers wandering round and interacting. The desserts and drinks were nicer and I felt I got my monies worth.
To say Star wars was my favourite was totally unexpected, as happily ever after is my favourite show and I was really looking forward to the party. I left feeling underwhelmed and slightly ripped off, especially as our previous visit plaza gardens were available via a fast pass.