Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Aug 19, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
buddog
Helping Minnie

I wouldn't do a park on the first night, mainly for the kids sake ! Get to where you need to be ,check that out ,freshen up and get something to eat .Last year we were all in bed by 8:30 ,even my teenager, because we were all done in. Get a good nights sleep and start off on a good footing .
Go on holiday with the mindset that you won't do it all certainly not with young children. Try and pick out rides that you really would like to do and if you don't make the others it's no big deal.Trying to do it all will ruin your stay .Little rests just on a bench with an ice cream can make all the difference to kids too .

Edited at 11:14 PM.
buddog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
disneyobsest
I want to go now!

Answer to 19 we did bibbidi bobbidi boutique when our girls were 4 and 7 and they loved it. They also do a knights package for boys. Another alternative is pirates league were children and adults can become pirates. Girls can also become mermaids. Hope this helps.

Edited at 11:46 PM. Reason: Mistakes
disneyobsest is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

QSDP per day:
2x counter meals
2x snacks (remembering that CS meals no longer include desert)
1x mug

So are people telling me that this is enough food for a whole stay without spending anything else?

There are 3 meals a day; breakfast, lunch and dinner.
What do you drink in the parks?

We usually have mainly QS with a couple of table service meals, but a usual day would still be a CS breakfast, and CS lunch and a CS dinner. A few bottles of drink each a day (its hot), a few snacks and dessert.

Im slim and not a huge eater while on holiday, but the standard QSDP plan isnt enough food for a day without spending anything else. Especially when the average person walks several miles a day in Disney World.

For people that dont spend anything else on meals other than the QSDP, I have to ask. What meal do you miss out?

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Why would the QS meals not be enough?
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
QSDP per day:
2x counter meals
1x mug

So are people telling me that this is enough food for a whole stay without spending anything else?

We usually have mainly QS with a couple of table service meals, but a usual day would still be a CS breakfast, and CS lunch and a CS dinner. A few bottles of drink each a day (its hot), a few snacks and dessert.

Im slim and not a huge eater while on holiday, but the standard QSDP plan isnt enough food for a day without spending anything else. Especially when the average person walks several miles a day in Disney World.

For people that dont spend anything else on meals other than the QSDP, I have to ask. What meal do you miss out?
I don't subscribe to the often stated view that the dining plan is too much, as I don't think two meals and two snacks a day is too much (especially as we too often use snacks for drinks)

However I do think and have found it to be enough. Although I have only done DDP not QSDP but the inclusion of a dessert on DDP makes no difference as we wouldn't generally eat dessert anyway. We would sometimes use a snack credit for a breakfast or lunch and / or we may have some cereal bars with us which are used for breakfast (so that is a small extra cost).

It is also easier for larger parties to save QS credits as they are more likely to share meals, say three or four meals between five and still get 3/5 or 4/5 of a full servicing. Whereas a couple might be less inclined to save as they would only get half a serving but still QS meals are huge and we certainly have shared the odd one.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
LunaNyteskye
Apprentice Imagineer

QSDP per day:
2x counter meals
1x mug

Yes I am saying this is enough food for the whole stay. We tended to use a snack credit for breakfast, generally we used a CS for lunch and CS for dinner. That still left a snack credit each day. However, on MK and AK days especially, a snack credit goes a long way and we found certain snacks were more than enough for lunch. Also at POR, a large pizza was 2 CS credits and could easily feed 3 or 4.

As for drinks, you can get free water so absolutely no need to spend extra on drinks of you don't want to.

So yes, it is very easy to eat purely on the QSDP without having to spend extra on food.

October 2009 Sequoia Lodge Disneyland Paris;
October 2011 Kissimmee Villa;
October 2013 Port Orleans Riverside WDW;
November 2015 Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa;
November 2016 Hotel Santa Fe Disneyland Paris;
October 2019 Animal Kingdom Lodge WDW, DIBB Villa, Hard Rock Hotel & Grand Floridian WDW
LunaNyteskye is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

QSDP per day:
2x counter meals
1x mug

A lot of the snacks are big enough for breakfast or lunch. A lot of QS meals are big enough to share, especially with children or people with smaller appetites. We do take cereal with us, but it's not to save credits, it's more for convenience when we want to have a quick breakfast in our room and head straight out to a park without stopping at the food court first. We don't like Danishes or muffins for breakfast, do don't use snack credits to pick those up the night before like some people do. We make use of the free water in the parks to drink as it's our preference, not to save credits. You've only got to look at the regular posts on here from people out there saying how many qs/snack credits they've got left at the end of their stay to realise that it is plenty of food for a lot of people. This year will be out 6th with a dining plan, 4th with the qsdp, and other than buying milk for cereal we've never needed to spend an extra penny on food, snacks and drinks.

To the op - my advice would be to read up thoroughly on the QSDP. Don't spend any money on food and drinks at the start of the holiday - give yourself time to get used to the plan, food and how much you're eating. Then if you run short of credits towards the end of the holiday, spend the money then. It would be a complete waste of money to spend it at the start and then have left over credits at the end.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkspideruk
Imagineer

pinkspideruk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We find QSDDP enough easily.
We take cereal as not a fan of american cereals and also dont want to eat danish for breakfast every day - use a snack for milk for it and resort mug for apple juice, any time we eat in resort we use refil mugs and grab a drink or snack to go. in the park we drink a lot of iced water or we will get a bottle of drink and share it as otherwise it just goes warm and flat if its fizzy. I'm not skinny and I eat a lot and I have never had to buy extra food on the plan. Rarely some extra drinks but not often

Sep 01 - Sep 20 Universal Endless Summer Surfside
pinkspideruk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

I can't help with all of your questions.
You are flying Virgin and my experience is that they usually land earlier than scheduled. Please remember that this is not 3pm UK time its actually 8pm UK time so if you allow 2 hours to get to the hotel it will be nearer 10pm UK time. I think that your youngest will be sound asleep and your eldest not far from it.
You will most likely all be awake early the following morning because your body clock is still on UK time. Use this and get to the parks, you will most likely be ready to call it quits by lunch time. Use the children and how tired they are make decisions on whether you should stay or leave.
As long as the 5 year old is happy sleeping in a buggy you should manage full days with the 10 year old.
You may not be able to do everything on this visit, keep a diary so you can plan for the next one no matter how unlikely it may seem at the moment.
The itinerary is important for keeping track of everything but be prepared for it to go out of the window when the weather works against you. Its a holiday so stay happy and flexible.
Old 20 Aug 19, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

QSDP per day:
2x counter meals
1x mug

I wouldn’t use a QS credit on breakfast every day for a start. I would generally use a snack credit or on some occasions if I’ve had lunch or dinner in the resort I’d swap a drink for a muffin or pastry and have that for breakfast the next day.
We usually have DDP and have only really had to purchase food when offsite or the years we’ve had several signatures. This is our first year on QSDP and we’ll use the gift card for a couple of TS meals and pay for lunch at Universal. I expect to have credits left.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

OP. You’re a planner I suspect 😬 I would recommend that you buy the Unofficial Guide to WDW and book a Sunday off and have a good old read. Best thing I ever did about 13 years ago before our first trip with the kids. We had done a chaotic pre kid no planning trip before that. A couple of specifics. I aim to be at a park EMH or not 45 minutes before it opens if I’m aiming for rope drop. It is boring but that investment of time first thing is worth several hours less in line with a decent plan for the rest of the day. We do not attempt more than 2 consecutive rope drop days now though. We did with little kids. With young adults it’s not feasible 🙄 Disney Springs yes! Good for evenings. QS dining will be more than enough food to do you serious damage. Buy/pack cereal/cereal bars and bowls for breakfast if you need to eat first thing. A tip. The last 4 hours at the water parks can be as good as the first four but free up your day earlier if you don’t rope drop them. This is a good general park touring tip really. Zig where others zag. Definitely stop to smell the roses. But not for the first three hours in a park. That’s for rising the rides while others are faffing about and sleeping. Drink lots of water. Stop when it’s not fun and swim, sleep, cancel your plan x