Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Aug 19, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
wishfull
Trying for More Ears

No online check-in for Norwegian air and a couple of questions

Hi,
We are due to fly tomorrow from Gatwick and thought that I would be able to check in online 24 hrs before but apparently not.

1) Is this because I have the basic tickets or is it for everyone?

2) We are driving down tonight so wondering if we stop at terminal first, would I be able to check in tonight rather than tomorrow?

3) the option for buying seats has also gone and I was hoping to do online checkin to “bags” seats together and if not possible, was going to pay at that point. It’s not the end of the world if we can’t sit together but had read that it was an option to purchase seats at check in.

Thank you
wishfull is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

No twilight or online check in for Norwegian (at any fare) but they are quick with lots of desks in the morning.
We had "no seats" fares and always checked in at three hours and in three trips to Florida with them have never got seperated even when the seat map didn't look great ! Just make sure you are there at three hours before.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

Duchy has already answered, but yes no OLCI or twilight checkin with any ticket with Norwegian but correct there's many check-in desks so you should be checked in pretty quick, however you can actually put the tags on yourself at the self checkin screens then just go to the bag drop desk.

When we flew with them in March I was a little cheeky and spoke to an advisor via online chat who selected our seats free of charge (bulk head seats/extra leg room) even though we had the bare bones ticket, they also chucked in a free meal, this was all because I said my partner was a nervous flyer which she is and isn't.. depends on where she's sat.

Have a fantastic holiday!
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
silver_age
Excited about Disney

We’ll be on the same plane as you tomorrow, but we’re driving down in the morning.
silver_age is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Parkie
Getting Excited

Useful information thank you, travelling with them next Easter
Parkie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
silver_age
Excited about Disney

Mobile

In the air now, posting this using Norwegian’s free wi-fi.
silver_age is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Kaspian
Very Serious Dibber

Sorry to co-opt your thread but I am travelling in two months with Norwegian,

I've chosen seats and paid for priority boarding but until now was unaware there was no online check in.

How early can we check in at the desk? We are staying at an airport hotel.

Also, do they have the self check in/bag drop system at Gatwick?
Old 1 Sep 19, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
wishfull
Trying for More Ears

Hi All,
Just to let you know that we got to the airport 3 hours before and did the online checkin. We were all sat together and had no problems. We flew back with them as well (But from JFK) and again, no issues at all. Thank you for all the advise. We had a fab holiday and we Would fly with them again xxx
wishfull is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
wishfull
Trying for More Ears

Kaspian, i’m Not sure how soon you can checkin but we were there 3 hours before and people had definitely already booked in. There was also a bag drop section in Gatwick with no queues x