Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 3 Sep 05, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Lightbulb TCD or Virgin?

We went with Virgin last year and are hoping to go again in 2007 have checked out the virgin hotels but have found a better one with TCD and its cheaper we are taking our neighbours with us so want the holiday to go as smooth as possible! as its their first time at Disney. So would you experienced Disney people recommend TCD. Thanks very much have told loads of people about this fantastic site it really helped on our 1st trip last year.

Thanks

Tracy and Co
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 05, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
John
Imagineer

John's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
I don't think you can really compare the two, they are at different ends of the scale which is represented in the price you pay. You could probably go Sunshire first for a Virgin economy ticket
John is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 05, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Shogun
Apprentice Imagineer

TCD for me. If you want to go for 3 weeks it would have to be Virgin cos TCD only do 2 week flights.
Old 3 Sep 05, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Ask me in a few weeks time, i flew Virgin last time i went (nothing special) this time im with TCD, i will have more of an opinion after my next hols.
Old 3 Sep 05, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post

well every one knows what I would say in answer to this question
Old 3 Sep 05, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post

If you want smooth then I agree with easygoingeezer.
Claire
Old 3 Sep 05, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
tiniegil
Imagineer

TCD for us!

Need a new Florrie date pleasy muchily
tiniegil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 05, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

We've gone with TCD 6/7 rimes and never had anything more than minor delays. Find them very reasonably priced - sometimes nearly half the comparable holiday from VH.

We go Sunshine First, for which we usually pay £300 each for the return journey above the economy fare. This average out at about £450 each for the return fare (excl hotel/car ins), I think this works out well compared to Virgin PE, and you get 50" seat pitch as opposed to 38".

Granted there has been bad publicity recently re their delays and this might sway your final decision.

Whatever you decide, - ENJOY!

Linda
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 05, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post

As you are planning so far in advance, keep a very close eye on the comparitive prices of the two for a while and there might be less price difference between them tham you imagine!
We booked in August 2004 to go to the Holiday Inn on I-Drive with Virgin this November. By checking prices regularly and getting discounts for both early booking and booking over the internet, we got a price of £1900 for 2 weeks for 2Ad, 2 Ch. At the time, this was actually CHEAPER than the TCD price for the identical holiday!
We have travelled to Florida with Virgin before and were perfectly happy, can't comment on the TCD service as we've never used them.
I'm sure you (and your neighbours) will have a fantastic time whatever you decide!
Old 4 Sep 05, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
You'll get good reports and bad reports on all travel companies, I've only used Virgin (and have been very happy with them), as believe it or not for the hotel combinations we stay in they have always worked out cheaper for us.

Clare
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread