Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Sep 19, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by jdouds View Post
Hi again , 400ixl has made a lot of good points but for us there are better things to do and see outside LA area which is a sprawling mass 100 miles accross. But whatever you decide it will be great.
I agree. San Francisco, Monterey and San Diego, for me top trump LA any day of the week. Whilst we saw Disney, 6 Flags, Reagan Library, Santa Monica and the standard Hollywood/LA Guided tour, the only thing that really lived up to hype in every way was RMS Queen Mary at Long Beach.

On our next visit (Easter 2020), had we not intended visiting an old Army friend in Vancouver, then we would have gone..
SFO, Monterey, San Luis Obispo.. then dumped our hire car before flying from S L Obispo over LA to wonderful San Diego.
Whilst many love LA, for me it simply does not work.

Whatever you do, these are great choices to have to make. It is an awesome State .

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 02:25 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

I have been to Florida 3 times if there was no Disney we would not have gone or go again, it is my least liked state.

I have done west coast probably 10 times and Vegas maybe 30 also been north east, NY, NJ, Ohio, West Virginia, mass,Maine, Vermont, Rhode island etc south and North Carolina’s.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Dawnfletch
slightly serious Dibber

Dawnfletch's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We are going to Disneyland for the first time next year & we can not wait. I have been to Orlando 8 times, DH 6 & DS 3. DS has been asking for 2 years to go to Disneyland & we have always wanted to go. So our plan is flying into Las Vegas staying there for 5 nights. Then driving to LA staying there 9 nights. Driving back to Las Vegas day before we fly back. First time for both Las Vegas & LA. We really can not wait & so excited.
Old 17 Sep 19, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

We are also planning on a Disneyland California visit next year. Our plan at the moment is to fly in LAX, spend 3/4 nights in the L.A. area, move onto Anaheim for about 3/4 nights and then drive up to Vegas for the rest of the time with a visit to the Grand Canyon as well.
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
lovinit
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We loved our West Coast road trip a few years back, as did the kids. We were not particularly overwhelmed by Disney land, though. 3 nights in Annaheim was plenty.
When we go back next time I won't even bother with it. There is so much else to do!
lovinit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List