Old 17 Sep 19, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
The PB&J Tour - August 2019 - Day 18 - Blizzard Beach, Yellow Dog Eats and Mall at Millenia

Index here

Monday 26 August 2019

Despite the busy day and late night yesterday, everyone was up by 9.30am, I was not in a mega rush anyway - water park again.

The last time we went to Blizzard Beach I'd paid for a cabana and I had the BEST day! But now, apart from the cost of one, it's not viable, Poppy does not want to sit at a Cabana all day, and I don't blame her! So I join in now!

My Girls
We set up camp here, always somewhere were there are things for Poppy to do

but first we had photo's with this guy!

We did the Lazy River, the wave pool and the family raft ride, my standard waterpark day!

The family ride was my favourite though, we did this more than once.

Then I stayed with Pops so Chris and Jess could go off and do the slides. Poppy and I did Tikes Peak and then we took a wander to Ski Patrol, slightly older age group than the peak but still perfect for Poppy.

There was a bigger raft slide she could ride alone which she loved, there was a bit of an assault cause tpye thing she loved, but her favourite thing was going underwater! It was her new thing and she had to build herself up do it, but she was so proud of herself when she did it bless her!

Lunch next, guess what it was...yep...

This is one of the reasons I did not do a full food report, how many photo's and descriptions of hotdogs can anyone take! Ridiculous, and yet we did it

We took Chris and Jess to Ski Patrol to show them all the things Poppy loved then we made our way home.

WE WERE GOING OUT FOR TEA TONIGHT! YAAAAAYYYY!

(Jess didn't want to come, she wanted to watch the VMA's live instead, and she loves all that so of course I let her stay home)

To somewhere I'd been desperate to go for so long, Yellow Dog eats.
We were on our way and an almighty storm broke out, we were driving through what felt like farmland, there were barns in fields, and as I turned to look out a huge bolt of lightening looked like it hit the floor, it terrified me. but we were nearly there, so we thought lets get there and not turn back. And as it does in Florida, the storm passed quickly, before the next one arrived...

It's a really place here, lovely surroundings, very quirky and GREAT food!

For food, we had, a Salmon BLT, Cuban Black beans dish and Pops had Cheese Quesedilla. All of it was lovely, I admit to having a bit of food envy over Chris Cuban beans though!

I have no idea where the photo of Chris food is, how rubbish! but trust me it was beautiful!

While we were here, the storm arrived again, the noise on the roof from the rain was frightening, I txt Jess to tell her and she said the weather was the same in Davenport (we were in Gotha) and told us to drive safe.

We were meant to be going to the mall after tea but I wasn't sure if we would make it. We sat for as long as we could after the meal then Chris decided he would run and bring the car round to us so me and Pops could jump in.

Chris said he was fine to drive to the Mall, so off we went, and the rain did calm down, it was fine, we made it with no issues.

I went to Bath and body works to stock up on hand sanitisers (I'd had plenty of stuff delivered using the personal shopper service but not the anti bacs.

It was EMPTY, I have never seen it empty, that will be the weather, and that it was later than normal, It was such a pleasant experience without the crowds!

Then it was the cheesecake factory. Cheesecake is our absolute favourite (our original wedding cake was a 4 tier white chocolate champayne truffle cheesecake) we are obsessed.

The girls got chocolate and fudge cake, Chris and I got the cheesecake.

Ate them the next day, DIVINE!

Back home to the villa, we watched the rest of the VMA's with Jess, Poppy fell asleep on the couch. Jess is sunburnt really badly, her shoulders have blistered, despite being told to put suncream on, clearly she knows best. She will never not put suncream on properly again, she was so sore. Luckily we had aloe vera with us, we heaped that on her and plied her with water which helped so much.

We all had a lovely evening!

tomorrow is Epcot

Colette
Our 1st Magical Disney Holiday!
Never Mind Epricot Trip report Oct 11
All Star Music and Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando June 2009
Sunset Lakes DIBB villa & HRH 15th October 2011
Esprit DIBB Villa 17 June 2014
Dubai Trip Report - just the 2 of us 30 Nov 2011
Introducing Queen P to Orlando June 2014 Report plenty of offsite delights food report June 2014
col2501 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafour
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Great day 👍
That cheesecake 😍
Ouch sunburn is horrible you have to be so careful, I spend the whole holiday on repeat to my two teenagers ‘have you got cream on?’ ‘have you got cream on?’
Floridafour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another good day

Joan