Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Sep 19, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Jlo31
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by tracy99 View Post
I checked my confirmation,for our flights to goa & it states they are not atol protected & I paid on my debit card.
Not holding out much hope,of getting my money back,if they don’t survive.
Tracy x
You may still be able to do a charge back via your debit card. Its a voluntary thing with debit cards and some banks better than others.. So don't give up help if TC go belly up.
Jlo31 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jlo31 View Post
You may still be able to do a charge back via your debit card. Its a voluntary thing with debit cards and some banks better than others.. So don't give up help if TC go belly up.
Thank you for that information,so all may not be lost.
I should know better,than to not use a credit card.
I will certainly remember in the future.
Thanks again
Tracy x
Old 22 Sep 19, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Leggibone View Post
Booked as a package with Olympic, we have an atol cert.

I guess I made my question very wordy,
In short, if we booked a package with someone else (Olympic, love holidays ect.) who are using TC flights who’s responsible for getting us there/giving our money back.

E.g will Olympic book us new flights (whether they may or may not be ideal), or will they refund us if they can’t supply flights at a satisfactory rate for them. Or will it be up to us to sort alternate arrangements?
I don't have an answer to your question OP and it appears no one does either 🤔

Like you I would hope they'd swap your flight. Maybe give them a ring tomorrow?
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

No one can answer as they have different options open to them.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

Generally with a package the agent would be responsible for getting new flights. That said, if TC go bust before your travel date the agent may well cancel the whole thing.

Another poster has said they have contacted Disney, who they have a package through with TC flights, and have been told that should the worst happen the whole package will be cancelled - rather than Disney (the agent in this case) finding other suitable flights.

I would contact your agent and ask them what your options would be.
Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
Generally with a package the agent would be responsible for getting new flights. That said, if TC go bust before your travel date the agent may well cancel the whole thing.

Another poster has said they have contacted Disney, who they have a package through with TC flights, and have been told that should the worst happen the whole package will be cancelled - rather than Disney (the agent in this case) finding other suitable flights.

I would contact your agent and ask them what your options would be.
I think it's ultimately going to come down to if the TA can get comparable flights and still make a profit. If they can they will give you different flights (and if they are substantially -{time-route-class}- the same you have no right to cancel). If they cost more and so they lose cash they will opt to cancel and give a full refund
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
OP I’m in the same boat I have flights booked with Thomas cook but as a package via travel republic who are part of the emirates group so I have an atol certificate and paid via PayPal using my American Express so I’m hoping everything should be fine. Travel republic have put this on their website so I’m just waiting. We don’t fly until Easter so I’ve got time letting oeople with imminent holidays sort theirs out for the time being!

Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

In case anyone was interested, Olympic put a blanket cancellation for anyone flying up till the 8th on a tc flight(with a full refund), so that includes us, not a major drama in the grand scheme of things but disappointing as we’ve been looking forward to it. We rebooked something through last minute,com but they are struggling with volume and have yet to confirm our holiday. But plenty of options in Spain if that falls through this evening.
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
OP I’m in the same boat I have flights booked with Thomas cook but as a package via travel republic who are part of the emirates group so I have an atol certificate and paid via PayPal using my American Express so I’m hoping everything should be fine. Travel republic have put this on their website so I’m just waiting. We don’t fly until Easter so I’ve got time letting oeople with imminent holidays sort theirs out for the time being!

Your amex won't give you s75 protection as you used it via PayPal, you would need to use it direct in order for the insurance to be in place (check third party intermediary rules for s75)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List