Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning > Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.
Discount Florida Car Hire
Unread 3 Sep 19, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
Does he have to make friends. We took DD 14 last year and she spent the cruise with us. She went to the kids club for half an hour. Declares it not for her and didnt go back. It wasnt an issue. We went to the evening shows and dinner together and when we were just chilling she was happy on her phone while I was happy reading.
I was the same at her age - when i was younger my parents had a tourer caravan but I was never one to 'make friends' with other kids on the site, i was happy to go along with my parents as well. Think coz I am an only child so i wasnt used to having other kids around all the time!
Quality Inn Plaza , I drive (2009) / Los Angeles, CA (2010) /New york + Villa at Chatham park (2014/15) / Quality Inn on 192 (2015) / Laguna beach (2016) / Flamingo inn ,Daytona beach (2016/17) Houston , Atlanta + Coco key water resort, I drive (2017), Boston (2018), New York City (2018) Washington DC + Clarion Suites Maingate, (2018)Red Lion, Hwy 192 (Sept 2019) Orlando - hotel TBC (Jan 2020)
CarsonMac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 19, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rik666 View Post
I'd be bored senseless on a cruise and I'm 45, nevermind 14.
He won't be on many more with u, so let him throw a few ideas out. As someone said, maybe hit a few cities in USA.
I'd guess you've never cruised.
I cruised with my family as a teen and there was far more to do (and far more freedom for teens) onboard than in a resort.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 3 Sep 19, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CarsonMac View Post
I was the same at her age - when i was younger my parents had a tourer caravan but I was never one to 'make friends' with other kids on the site, i was happy to go along with my parents as well. Think coz I am an only child so i wasnt used to having other kids around all the time!
exactly!

I think my son is like this as an only child.

He loves playing online but that allows him to disconnect when he wants, I keep telling him that online disconnects are not the same as real life where you can't just turn off the people or remove the headphones and stop listening.

Sometimes I worry about this but I suppose it's modern age and the time we live in. I have a great relationship with my son and he's very funny and open when I enter his room his friends online say hi and I know most of them.

I think he just misses his bedroom. As an avid cruiser I'm dying to book the next one and we have friends going May next year who are egging me on to book.

But i think you are all right and I should wait and see where he wants to visit for our May vacation...
jas72 is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
checkin for flights reminder
Unread 3 Sep 19, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Rik666 View Post
I'd be bored senseless on a cruise and I'm 45, nevermind 14.
He won't be on many more with u, so let him throw a few ideas out. As someone said, maybe hit a few cities in USA.
Agree. Although the Disney cruises seem quite good but would those appeal to a 14yr old boy?
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Holiday.
Unread 3 Sep 19, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
Imagineer

Originally Posted by hilz22 View Post
Our son is 16 and doesnt want to come on any holidays so we booked a week without him.
However we did mention star-wars and suddenly he might be interested again. But both our sons on holiday in the Dominican this year where not bothered at all and spent too much time imo in the room. However as dh pointed out better than them sulking
This is what I don't want at 14 but expect at 16.

TBH I wanted to holiday with my mates/girlfriend at 16-18 so can't blame them. I just hope when he gets into his 20s he wants to come with us again with girlfriend as well. (If he has one...)

He has said several times that we can go ourselves but his birthday is in the middle of the holiday no way am I missing my only son's birthday
jas72 is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
checkin for flights reminder
US Rent A Car