Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 18 Sep 19, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Imagineer

DxDDP questions...

1. I was under the impression that in this dining plan you can order a starter AND a dessert? I ask because I've just been reading the latest Unofficial Guide to Disney 2020 book and it says not.

2. If we want a counter service meal during the day, what does that count as regarding credits?

As far as I'm aware, on the DxDDP you are allowed:

3 TS credits
2 snack credits
1 alcoholic drink (so,effectively 3 per day)
1 soft drink (as above!)

Have I got his right?

My prehistoric iPad won't allow me onto the Disney website.
Old 18 Sep 19, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by BaconAndAvocado View Post
1. I was under the impression that in this dining plan you can order a starter AND a dessert? I ask because I've just been reading the latest Unofficial Guide to Disney 2020 book and it says not.

2. If we want a counter service meal during the day, what does that count as regarding credits?

As far as I'm aware, on the DxDDP you are allowed:

3 TS credits
2 snack credits
1 alcoholic drink (so,effectively 3 per day)
1 soft drink (as above!)

Have I got his right?

My prehistoric iPad won't allow me onto the Disney website.
We had DxDDP last year and all of the above are true apart from an alcoholic plus a soft drink. This only applies in a buffet/family style restaurant where the soft drink is included as part of the price of the meal and not charged separately. In a restaurant where soft drinks are charged separately you have to choose between soft drink and alcoholic

You are also entitled to a starter and a desert. Of course this means that the gratuity is even bigger

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC

Edited at 04:47 PM.
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Imagineer

Thanks Mary Lou!

Haha yes, I've been thinking about the tipping side of things! Me and DH have very different views on the subject!
Old 19 Sep 19, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeyismybff
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by BaconAndAvocado View Post
You can downgrade credits, you just don't get anything in return for them, so you can use your table service credits for a counter service meal. You'd get main, side, and drink (soft or not) at a counter service and not need to tip, of course. I am not sure what the actual specifics of the DxDDP rules work out to with the dessert in a counter service though. I haven't done the deluxe plan but have seen it happen both ways - that a family on deluxe got both side and dessert at counter service using a deluxe TS credit, and that a CM told a family they could only do side or dessert, not both. I only remember because the lady in that party said she couldn't be bothered to check with another CM, because the whole reason they were opting for counter service was because they had eaten far too much after a week on the deluxe plan.

You can even downgrade them to snacks, but you still get the same old three snacks per meal credit as you would if you were converting a counter service credit from the standard meal plans. So it can be done, it just might not seem great value.
mickeyismybff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mickeyismybff View Post
You can downgrade credits, you just don't get anything in return for them, so you can use your table service credits for a counter service meal. You'd get main, side, and drink (soft or not) at a counter service and not need to tip, of course. I am not sure what the actual specifics of the DxDDP rules work out to with the dessert in a counter service though. I haven't done the deluxe plan but have seen it happen both ways - that a family on deluxe got both side and dessert at counter service using a deluxe TS credit, and that a CM told a family they could only do side or dessert, not both. I only remember because the lady in that party said she couldn't be bothered to check with another CM, because the whole reason they were opting for counter service was because they had eaten far too much after a week on the deluxe plan.

You can even downgrade them to snacks, but you still get the same old three snacks per meal credit as you would if you were converting a counter service credit from the standard meal plans. So it can be done, it just might not seem great value.
When we used our DXDDP on the odd occasion for counter service last year we did not get dessert included. If we wanted a dessert we had to use a snack option or pay OOP.

marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

We are struggling with the DDP so God knows how anyone would cope with the extra meals unless you are really big eaters!
Old 19 Sep 19, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
We are struggling with the DDP so God knows how anyone would cope with the extra meals unless you are really big eaters!
I completely agree. It worked for us because we had two separate room reservations and just booked DXDDP for one of them and shared the credits so we averaged two meals a day.

Old 19 Sep 19, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Imagineer

Haha yes I was in 2 minds about the DxDDP but we love fine dining and the kids are quite adventurous in their tastes.

We also have 2 family birthdays whilst we're there.

Absolutely agree I couldn't do it for a week or more and twe're only there for 5 nights.
Old 19 Sep 19, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

See, we have this booked for next May. 9 nights at YC with DxDDP. There is no way we could eat breakfast , lunch and dinner each day, even 1 day. But when I looked at what we wanted to do ie signatures and the hoop de doo, which I would have paid oop for, it worked out only an extra £300 ish for us to upgrade. Also when I worked out my adr’s on ddp we would have also paid for a breakfast on our last day.
This way we get to pretty much choose what we want. We will be doing breakfast or lunch each day and a signature most nights. Hopefully we can get the Cali brunch as well. I see it as almost paying for an all inclusive holiday.
Also I have always wanted to try this just the once and I’m 50 next year so if not then , then when.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Imagineer

Haha I've just turned 50 Sandra and am very much Going For It too!

No, we couldn't do 3 sit down meals a day either so will probably do a breakfast and a signature every day.