Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 18 Aug 19, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
No Sat Nav though even though it’s a Titanium model. Not that I want it though
you know what i always say, download Android auto, then offline maps for google for the area you are in, or if apple device just google maps...

Go on, give it a go, its so simple.. (for the members sake )
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 12:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by RickT View Post
you know what i always say, download Android auto, then offline maps for google for the area you are in, or if apple device just google maps...

Go on, give it a go, its so simple.. (for the members sake )
Rick. I would need all that in writing, possibly in triplicate!

Actually when we were in a Villa we used Google maps on my Wife's phone and I just listened to the instructions. Worked great but there again she gets free WiFi.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Nedsram4
Helping Minnie

Arrived Friday got to the garage at 1445 row was full with loads of choice
A few kia
Loads of Hyundai Santa Fe
A couple of Nissan not sure what model
Dodge Journey
My ten year old son has gone on about wanting a grand jeep Cherokee for months there was one in the row with alabama plates he grabbed it it’s done 9000 miles sat nav works along with everything else really happy with my sons choice 🚘👍

Edited at 12:32 AM.
Nedsram4 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 02:00 AM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

We booked a Ford Edge with Avis, but when we got to mco, they allocated us a Dodge Journey. When DH started the engine there was a warning light on, we went back to the desk and asked for an Edge, to be told they didn’t have any. Allocated us another Journey, only 3000 on the clock and it’s ok, but it’s not a great car, luckily we aren’t driving much, bit disappointing really.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
We booked a Ford Edge with Avis, but when we got to mco, they allocated us a Dodge Journey. When DH started the engine there was a warning light on, we went back to the desk and asked for an Edge, to be told they didn’t have any. Allocated us another Journey, only 3000 on the clock and it’s ok, but it’s not a great car, luckily we aren’t driving much, bit disappointing really.
you booked a ford edge or similar. You got the similar option.
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
danmacf
I have Ears

danmacf's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Last year I booked a full size SUV with alamo. When we got to the garage car park I asked one of the alamo attendants to get me a ford expedition as I had driven them before and liked them.
She told me there were none available and offered me others. I asked to see the manager and told them both that I would take any car offered for now but will return the next day for an expedition that I would need them to reserve for me.
10 mins later the manager came back with a ford expedition. she had simply crossed over to hertz and 'borrowed' one from them.
The first attendant I spoke to told me that all the hire car firms help each other out and they all do this if they don't have a particular model of car.
There was no problem with anyone from alamo and to be honest the whole conversation was really friendly. I even tipped the manager $20.
Stick to your guns, remain polite and good humoured. Thoroughly recommend a Ford Expedition.
danmacf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by danmacf View Post
Last year I booked a full size SUV with alamo. When we got to the garage car park I asked one of the alamo attendants to get me a ford expedition as I had driven them before and liked them.
She told me there were none available and offered me others. I asked to see the manager and told them both that I would take any car offered for now but will return the next day for an expedition that I would need them to reserve for me.
10 mins later the manager came back with a ford expedition. she had simply crossed over to hertz and 'borrowed' one from them.
The first attendant I spoke to told me that all the hire car firms help each other out and they all do this if they don't have a particular model of car.
There was no problem with anyone from alamo and to be honest the whole conversation was really friendly. I even tipped the manager $20.
Stick to your guns, remain polite and good humoured. Thoroughly recommend a Ford Expedition.
You did well as they are under no obligation whatsoever to give anybody a particular car. Hence they are advertised as 'or similar'

I suspect the car was from National.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Florida Gator
Apprentice Imagineer

We arrived yesterday 18/09 about 6.30pm. The row was full with a lot of Dodge Journeys and GMCs, also a Kia Sorrento, a VW Tiguan, a Santa Fe Sport and a Nissan Pathfinder. We saw a Ford Edge Titanium being driven in so grabbed that, seems a nice car so far so quite happy with it. Reasonably low mileage and clean & comfortable.

Edited at 10:23 AM.
Florida Gator is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Lairbears
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Hit the Alamo garage at circa 6.30pm today, were slowed down as we couldn't use Global Entry as the Granddaughter is with us!

Excellent choice of Standard SUVs

2 Ford Edges so I grabbed a newish one on Kentucky plates. The other one was also good.
A load of Dodge Journeys, yuk
No Jeep Grand Cherokees
Plenty of Kia's that looked good
Toyota 4 Runner
Dodge Equinox
Santa Fe's
Dodge Caravan

Apart from the Caravan it looked like all the vehicles were Standard and no Intermediates mixed in.

Edit. Just remembered, an Arcadia was pulling out as we strolled up the line.
If it was a white one Tom that was us, picked the little beauty up on a free upgrade. Drove it down to Key west via fort Lauderdale and back to Orlando Via Miami.
Hi yo yhe grammer polis
Lairbears is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List