Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 8 Jun 19, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

Those boats are so relaxing however during inclement weather they close down the river boat service ( lightning risks) so your other options are a bus or Uber in that case. Personally I would plan to go to a park on the first day after arrival and make the most of FP + and do as many top attractions as possible, hey if anyone knows how to queue it’s us Brits😉 then get your meals worked around your park plans so you can be in the neighbourhood after exiting a ride or show so you can walk straight up check in and be seated within the next few minutes and enjoy your meals. We sometimes take a break out of the parks at a nearby resort for a meal GF cafe is a good one not too far from the park by boat or monorail and the food is pretty good yet away from the hustle and bustle for a spell. It’s all about finding a balance I find between the fun and the relaxation we all need a bit of on vacation.
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.

Edited at 04:46 PM.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by wifey View Post
Those boats are so relaxing however during inclement weather they close down the river boat service ( lightning risks) so your other options are a bus or Uber in that case. Personally I would plan to go to a park on the first day after arrival and make the most of FP + and do as many top attractions as possible, hey if anyone knows how to queue it’s us Brits😉 then get your meals worked around your park plans so you can be in the neighbourhood after exiting a ride or show so you can walk straight up check in and be seated within the next few minutes and enjoy your meals. We sometimes take a break out of the parks at a nearby resort for a meal GF cafe is a good one not too far from the park by boat or monorail and the food is pretty good yet away from the hustle and bustle for a spell. It’s all about finding a balance I find between the fun and the relaxation we all need a bit of on vacation.
Thank you You are very right - we love our restaurant breaks and i've factored in a couple more since doing this itinerary. I am going to add Sanaa at wilderness Lodge in and maybe bon voyage breakfast too. Defintely decided on AK for the first day - hoping to get FOP FP x
WDW and Universal August 2022
NY and WDW March 2024
jenna288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by jenna288 View Post
Thank you You are very right - we love our restaurant breaks and i've factored in a couple more since doing this itinerary. I am going to add Sanaa at wilderness Lodge in and maybe bon voyage breakfast too. Defintely decided on AK for the first day - hoping to get FOP FP x
Sanaa is at Animal Kingdom Lodge. They also have Jiko which we haven’t been to as well as The Mara.
At the Wilderness Lodge there are some great places too Artists Point and Roaring Forks and Whispering Canyon Cafe and there’s their new place Geyser Point Bar and Grill down by the water front too so you could pop out of MK take a short boat ride over there and enjoy the area before heading back inside the park. Oh if you ever get the chance to go down to Fort Wilderness on that boat try the fried chicken down at the take out window it’s so darned good and the family bucket is generous.
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Custancia
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
POR is lovely; they have marshmallow roasting, and also movies under the stars (if you can stay up that late early in the holiday!). I would definitely try to combine park time with spending time at the resort though...
We are usually up ridiculously early our first morning, so perhaps hit a park, then come back to explore the boat to DS and the resort?

I definitely don’t think your plan is too busy... but then we cram in a LOT. You know your family best!

WDW POR 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 (Xmas), 2016 and 2018
Custancia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Definitely not too busy. It wouldn't suit me- I'd want a lot more park time but you know what works for your family. I find we get enough down time without planning a full day. Hit the parks early then relax afternoon.
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by wifey View Post
Sanaa is at Animal Kingdom Lodge. They also have Jiko which we haven’t been to as well as The Mara.
At the Wilderness Lodge there are some great places too Artists Point and Roaring Forks and Whispering Canyon Cafe and there’s their new place Geyser Point Bar and Grill down by the water front too so you could pop out of MK take a short boat ride over there and enjoy the area before heading back inside the park. Oh if you ever get the chance to go down to Fort Wilderness on that boat try the fried chicken down at the take out window it’s so darned good and the family bucket is generous.
Thank you - for these great tips

We went to Fort Wilderness on our last trip but will definitely try the take out window this time. So much to do! which I guess it's what keeps us booking again x
NY and WDW March 2024
jenna288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Friday: villa day followed by hoop de doo review at 4pm / chip and dale campfire at FW

I was pretty sure only onsite guest can go now to chip and dale, as you would of already checked out that's no longer an option for you.

Edited at 07:52 PM.
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by RickT View Post
Friday: villa day followed by hoop de doo review at 4pm / chip and dale campfire at FW

I was pretty sure only onsite guest can go now to chip and dale, as you would of already checked out that's no longer an option for you.
oh really? what a shame is that something that's changed recently? x
NY and WDW March 2024
Old 11 Jun 19, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jenna288 View Post
oh really? what a shame is that something that's changed recently? x
I could be wrong, but as an offsite guess, when ever i try to book it, it says no shows for each day.

maybe worth its own thread in q's

edit - just doubled checked - i can only see dates till end of June -

Im now not sure as theres a few threads online saying its for onsite guests only.

Edit again -
roamthegnome/chip-and-da...ire-singalong/

look like open to all still
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02

Edited at 01:30 PM.
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by RickT View Post
I could be wrong, but as an offsite guess, when ever i try to book it, it says no shows for each day.

maybe worth its own thread in q's

just doubled checked - i can only see dates till end of June -

Im now not sure as theres a few threads online saying its for onsite guests only.
thanks rick - will post the question.

Maybe visitors trying to park on site might be turned away if they're purely there for the campfire but we'll be there for the Hoop De Doo first - I will try and find out x
NY and WDW March 2024