Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 14 Jun 19, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
mousetracker
Getting to know the DIBB

First draft itinerary

Hi All this is my first go at a draft for a family of 4 (2A 2C 7&10) We are staying off site but have 1 night booked at HRH for the universal fast passes. How am I looking?

DAY 1 Land on a Wednesday check in to villa
DAY 2 Seaworld for as long as we can manage
Day 3 Magic Kingdom
Day 4 Discovery Cove
Day 5 Pool day at the Villa maybe Crazy Golf or an evening in the park
Day 6 Universal Studios staying at HRH
Day 7 Island of adventure
Day 8 Aquatica
Day 9 Hollywood Studios
Day 10 Animal Kingdom
Day 11 Pool day at the Villa maybe Crazy Golf or an evening in the park
Day 12 Epcot
Day 13/14 Re visit favourite parks
Day15 Check in at Disney Springs followed by 1 last bit of Disney magic before flight home
mousetracker is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post

I think you have got the right balance of busy and not busy days and also having pool days at the weekend makes sense. But it looks like you are trying to cover a lot of different things. I don't know if you have priced up the tickets yet but this will be a small fortune.

Even if you have priced up tickets and are happy with the costs, I would still be inclined to cut some attractions out and do others a bit more thoroughly. We would go to Magic Kingdom at least four times in a 14 day stay for example.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
mousetracker
Getting to know the DIBB

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I think you have got the right balance of busy and not busy days and also having pool days at the weekend makes sense. But it looks like you are trying to cover a lot of different things. I don't know if you have priced up the tickets yet but this will be a small fortune.

Even if you have priced up tickets and are happy with the costs, I would still be inclined to cut some attractions out and do others a bit more thoroughly. We would go to Magic Kingdom at least four times in a 14 day stay for example.
Thanks Claudette Its a difficult one for us as we last went 15 years ago and did pretty much all of the above with the addition of Busch Gardens. Its now our turn to take our children to enjoy the magic. I'm expecting it to be very different now from 15 years ago but I really don't think we will ever be in a position to go back again so this really is our only chance to see everything we can.
mousetracker is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
SEHermione
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

Assuming you have got/are getting 14 day Disney tickets (albeit ideally for the price of 7 days) your itinerary means a lot of days where you are letting 3 Fastpasses go to waste - specifically 21 Fastpasses since you seem to have only 7 Disney days. Given that each Fastpass, if used wisely, can represent a significant time-saving, I’d think about rejigging things based on the idea that if you can get more done in less time while at Disney, you might not need full days off. Obviously folks do cram Magic Kingdom into just one day, but it must surely mean a very gruelling, long day, or missing key rides and attractions. I’d consider just doing a few hours (so booking Fastpasses in back-to-back slots and doing any nearby rides with short queues in between your FPs) either first thing or last thing at the Disney parks on the days you have earmarked as rest days and on your water park day.
Also you may want to take the Hogwarts Express both ways and so actually spend time in both parks on your Universal days.
SEHermione is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I agree with the others that while your spread of park days look good, it's a terrible 'value for money' trip, as you have so many sets of tickets but only enough time to scratch the surface of each park.
Being offsite, parking fees will really add up, so I'd consider changing Aquatica to a Disney water park where parking is free.

Check the busy day guide to make sure your park days don't have any EMH on. The parks are alot busier than 15 years ago, so it's definately worth making the effort to get to the parks early, especially for the first few days.
Have a great trip.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List