Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 27 Aug 19, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
And we go back to the 'worth'. What's worth it to you is different to the next person.
You'll have a great time in the Canaries, but it will be different and won't be a Disney Cruise. Not better or worse, just different.

DCL doesn't hide it's pricing and it doesn't need to - it sails at near capacity on every cruise, they are doing something right.
I agree. It is a niche market. I can’t get Micky on a p&o cruise. Just priced it up £2300 for 4 nights on Disney cruise. Would pounce at a deal though
vampiress88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Every cruise company has its fans and you are clearly a die hard DCL fan, and that's great BUT that doesn't mean pointing out the pros and cons is "unfair" unless you believe everyone should only prefer what you do. It's a little like the on site/off site debate, for some staying off site would be unthinkable for others a split stay or a villa is vastly preferable.
I am a DCL fan and I'm not ashamed of that, but I'm not biased to them when people ask about cruising and I also tell the truth.
You said that DCL was expensive for drinks, but they're not - that's fact, not some biased opinion I have. That's what I was pointing out.

Pointing out pros and cons is great and that is very welcome on here, but it must be the truth with facts.
Opinion is just that, no right and no wrong - but facts are facts.

I'm not blinded by DCL, I know they're expensive, but for me, they're still worth it. I don't have blinkers on when it comes to DCL though and I'm currently trying to figure out a sail date with Celebrity (have already cruise with Cunard).

So, to be clear, what's unfair is putting out incorrect statements.

Joa

Edited at 10:45 AM.
Bats is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

My ex die hard DCL fan friends adore Celebrity (they only do DCL with the youngest grandkids now) . They chose where to retire to based on ease of getting to the various cruise ports and cruise at least four times a year (they chose Vero).
They definitely prefer Celebrity to Cunard.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
My ex die hard DCL fan friends adore Celebrity (they only do DCL with the youngest grandkids now) . They chose where to retire to based on ease of getting to the various cruise ports and cruise at least four times a year (they chose Vero).
They definitely prefer Celebrity to Cunard.
My sister also loves them, hence why we're looking to try them out. I did a tour of one of their ships in Southampton and it was beautiful inside. It's just finding the right cruise at the right time.
Old 27 Aug 19, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
My sister also loves them, hence why we're looking to try them out. I did a tour of one of their ships in Southampton and it was beautiful inside. It's just finding the right cruise at the right time.
They were on Celebrity due to dock in Cuba the next day when Trump announced the Cuba cruise ship ban. Celebrity treated them very well indeed.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
They were on Celebrity due to dock in Cuba the next day when Trump announced the Cuba cruise ship ban. Celebrity treated them very well indeed.
And that's a whole other thread right there!