Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 24 Aug 19, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

Carnival Conquest Recommended Extension Lead

Hi All.
Can anyone recommend a US to UK extension lead? I have checked on the Carnival site and it seems there is only 1 electric socket in the stateroom.

I think its by the desk, which means we would probably need one about 2 metres, maybe longer so that DW can watch her movies on her tablet in bed.

I know it can't be surge protected. I'm just having a bit of trouble actually finding one that is suitable.

Thanks
James
Andrea1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by Andrea1 View Post
Hi All.
Can anyone recommend a US to UK extension lead? I have checked on the Carnival site and it seems there is only 1 electric socket in the stateroom.

I think its by the desk, which means we would probably need one about 2 metres, maybe longer so that DW can watch her movies on her tablet in bed.

I know it can't be surge protected. I'm just having a bit of trouble actually finding one that is suitable.

Thanks
James
Can you find out if the room has USB sockets instead? They are by far easier than travel adaptors etc.
Old 27 Aug 19, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi. Thanks for the reply. I have checked on the Carnival site and it does'nt seem to have any USB ports.
It does mention that it has the 3 pin US socket and a European socket.
James
Andrea1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Bubba31
Dibbing with Tink

google/search?q=go+t...aKCUrRJ7F174KM

I use this one for our Carnival cruise. £14 from Sainsbury's. 2 sockets and 2 USB ports.

Edited at 10:20 AM.
Bubba31 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Bubba31
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

google/search?q=carn...p1UYTy4qfdrt6M
Highgate Park, HRH, Loews Miami Beach & Key West 2016, Calabay Parc at Tower Lake & Bahamas Cruise 2013, Highgate Park 2011, Cayo Santa Maria, Cuba 2010, Highlands Reserve 2009, 3 Weeks At Westridge / Country Creek 2008, Sunset Ridge 2007, Westridge 2006
Bubba31 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I used a four port USB plug from Amazon on Carnival, came with US and Uk plug capacity. If it's only for electronics a neater and smaller option. I use the same gadget at home too. I use it with a longer than usual cable for my tablet (again from Amazon) as I'm rubbish at remembering to charge it !
Streaming on Carnival needs the Premium internet package which I think is quite expensive , we intend to download before we go or before we board rather than onboard. We will probably end up with the standard internet package rather than just social media as on line check in for our flight home opens whilst we are at sea still.

Edited at 10:44 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bubba31 View Post
google/search?q=go+t...aKCUrRJ7F174KM

I use this one for our Carnival cruise. £14 from Sainsbury's. 2 sockets and 2 USB ports.
Hu Buba. Thanks for that. I didn't even think of a small adapter like that. I could then just take one of our extension leads to plug into it.
Old 27 Aug 19, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I used a four port USB plug from Amazon on Carnival, came with US and Uk plug capacity. If it's only for electronics a neater and smaller option. I use the same gadget at home too. I use it with a longer than usual cable for my tablet (again from Amazon) as I'm rubbish at remembering to charge it !
Streaming on Carnival needs the Premium internet package which I think is quite expensive , we intend to download before we go or before we board rather than onboard. We will probably end up with the standard internet package rather than just social media as on line check in for our flight home opens whilst we are at sea still.
Hi Duchy. Thanks for your help. Do you have a link to the plug you bought?

We are not really bothered about streaming, as like you, we download stuff and put them on our tablets. DW like to watch "Call the Midwife" (All the time, I'm sure she must know all the scripts by heart now)
I notice you go in 10 days time. Hope you have a great time.