Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 24 Aug 19, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by parkgirl View Post
It’s plain to see his tongue is firmly in his cheek...
Very much so, yes!

Some seem to be missing that somewhat unfortunately.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

Loved him on Top gear but can't stand him on this. Another one that used to like Chris Tarrant doing this show, watched a couple of episodes of JC when it first came on, Can't face watching it again
1992: Days Inn Lakeside 1994:HOliday inn Maingate East 2006:Pop Century 2008:Saratoga Villas 2010:Regal oaks 2013:Indian Ridge Villa 2015:BA Club,Disney,POR,Villa, RPR,2016 United business, Sunset Ridge villa 2019: Virgin, 4 Corners Villa 2023: CSR & 4 Corners Villa again!
ELLENUT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

I get that he is doing it to be sarcastic and to raise a laugh, and that that is his ' style' but I just think it's inappropriate to make a joke about telling someone they have just lost £24k

If they were playing for a teapot , then fair enough , but they aren't
If he wants to have a laugh , go on 8 out of 10 cats does countdown or similar

He didn't know how to handle the intelligent bloke who was up to £64k because he couldn't take the mick out of him
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads

Edited at 10:47 PM.
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I don’t like him, dh and the kids think he’s great!
Old 24 Aug 19, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Anyone guess why he is the host?

Ratings... !

If you dont like him switch off

Disney332
Old 24 Aug 19, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Chocolate
Earning More Ears

I think he is very good. I love the smart ≈≈≈≈ remarks.
I thought he 1st contestant tonight was a bit of a knob. I think he knew some of the early answers but used his lifelines just to show off.
Delighted for the last contestant hope he wins big money. He just taking it in his stride.
Chocolate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
newstewart
Apprentice Imagineer

Remember the Weekest Link, anne Robinson always humiliated the contestants, JC just doing the same.
Quite simple to solve, don't go on the show. But for 8 Grand and 5 minutes screen time you can take the Micky out of me
newstewart is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by newstewart View Post
Remember the Weekest Link, anne Robinson always humiliated the contestants, JC just doing the same.
Quite simple to solve, don't go on the show. But for 8 Grand and 5 minutes screen time you can take the Micky out of me
The whole point of the weakest link was that erm the weakest links were removed

Millionaire - the aim is to be a millionaire

The clues are in the programme titles - he should if anything be supporting the contestants , not undermining their confidence so that they use up lifelines unnecessary or start doubting themselves
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
orlando10
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi
My husband used to watch him on Top Gear but i can't stand to watch him, he is rude and obnoxious and don't find him entertaining at all. Thinks he is funny but he is not, would love someone to bring him down a peg or two.
DLP 2016, 2018
orlando10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Love Clarkson, a bastion of anti political correctness.