Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Aug 19, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
shimmers
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile Thomas Cook Airlines etc

Hi there. We have booked a roadtrip this October. Travelling with a 14 and 15 year old. Am almost too scared to ask now as it is all booked! But just wondering what Thomas Cook airlines flights are like? We are booked manchester to San Fran.
We are hiring a car and visiting Yosemite, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon ending in LA where kids want to do Disneyland and also 1 day at universal if possible. My other question is - who is best to buy park tickets from? Are attraction tickets direct any good? Advice welcomed.
shimmers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

We did Manchester out to Vegas and LA back earlier this month.

Flights were fine. We were economy going out and premium coming back.

Only real things to note are in economy the IFE is limited in what you can watch. You have to pay to get the full content. You also only get drinks with the meals anything in between you have to buy.

Both are free though in premium.

Food was fine in both directions, so no complaints there. Obviously premium was better but economy was fine.

I'd use them again.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 05:43 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We are flying TC into Vegas and out of San Fran next year. We have used them for Orlando before and they are fine. We also have premium on the way home, wouldn’t mind upgrading on the way out but it’s a little steep at the minute.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Fireworks
Excited about Disney

We have flown several times with Thomas Cook now to the USA (Florida, New York and California) and are going again with them Manchester to San Fran in September. I can't fault them, in fact I would rate them better than Virgin. As stated above, the only thing I would say is that the entertainment is rubbish, but most people have ipads these days so just download your own entertainment before you. Food is generally better than Virgin in my opinion, and we are not big drinkers so buying the odd drink or two isn't a big deal for us and is far outweighed by what we save on the cost of the flights.

Fireworks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
martyn7836
slightly serious Dibber

I’ve got a road trip with 7 other mates all riding Harley’s from San Fran to Las Vegas. We are flying direct Man to San Fran and then Las Vegas to man with Thomas cook. I’ve never flown long haul with any one other than virgin or delta so I was nervous with this. Due to it being a lads trip I’m happy to give them a go and since I’ve booked I’ve heard nothing but good things about Thomas cook. Main issue I can see is the movies are not as good as virgin but you can pay £6 to upgrade (again not sure if this gives you everything you would find on virgin or just some extras). I’ve also heard some people mention the legroom seems better I sure if this is true. I would be tempted with PE but I need to price it up. March me and my family all fly back to Florida with virgin and if my Thomas cook flight is ok in sept then it may be the last time I use virgin as TC is a lot cheaper
martyn7836 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
BeJimmieDaw
Looking for my Ears

Thomas Cook Airlines etc

Oh, I forgot to ask about The Tradesman - is there anywhere online that I can find out more information about this publication, please? I was not aware of the partnership with Thomas Bishop.
BeJimmieDaw is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 03:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

We flew that route 2017 and out in Florida now via them.
Fab airline only downside we have to travel to Manchester ( no offence Manchester ) just wish they flew long haul from nearer to us.
Old 10 Sep 19, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
david25113051
Excited about Disney

david25113051's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
we always fly TC to vegas in economy done this 2014/15/16//18 20 we going premium as was only 200 run for pair us

we love TC loads leg room good flights nice screen with a usb charger and £6 to upgrade entertainment to premium selection food very good for plane food

you pay for drinks in economy but do get a free drink with meal
09-18 all over Europe
march 14-15-16-18- vegas
david25113051 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeclark007
Serious Dibber

mikeclark007's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
How stable do you think they are for booking flights so far ahead with all the financial reports on the news recently about the company?

I expect to be able to book Manchester - LA for October 2020 anytime from next month / November and I know they will be substantially cheaper than the Virgin equivalent.
mikeclark007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
martyn7836
slightly serious Dibber

I have booked for 19th September 2020 man to San Francisco then home from Vegas. It is what it is I’m not worried it could happen to any airline.
martyn7836 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List