Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning > Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.
Ocean Florida
Unread 6 Sep 19, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
I was able to grab a banana before the restaurants opened, but otherwise breakfast isnt available.
I ordered a really early room service breakfast that day and then ate that in the room
Unread 6 Sep 19, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Or take something from breakfast the day before and store it in your room. We do this for the debarkation morning - bowls, cereal boxes, milk and spoons.
Unread 6 Sep 19, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
I ordered a really early room service breakfast that day and then ate that in the room
I dont like to eat before I run so needed something afterwards.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Art of Animation
Unread 7 Sep 19, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
-kat-
Apprentice Imagineer

Wow, thank you all so much for all your advice...you guys are really awesome! You've all made me feel much better about going for it and given me lots of fantastic tips! I'm feeling really fit now and am gonna keep running regularly, however I always look like a giant tomato when I'm done so can only imagine the colour I'll be in the heat on Castaway Cay but you guys are all right...the ocean is right there

I'll defo not eat beforehand but the breakfast tip is great, thanks! And knowing that water is readily available is great.

My hubby and daughter and super excited to know that they can take part and not be mortified by the lack of running and we struggle to get my sone out of the kids club tbh so he's thrilled that we're all going of without him!

How cool that you did your graduation run there Bellasmummy!

Oh and it's the Dream we're on again Buggles94...it was a slightly impromptu accidental booking . Would love to do the Fantasy next though!

Sorry, one last thing...if we bring all our stuff off the ship with us for the day where do we leave it on the island? Where is the starting point? Or is it better to get back on the ship to clean up and lather the sun cream etc? Sorry I know I'm a pest

Thank you all again for every bit of advice, it really is so greatly appreciated!
Glenbrook Villa & Animal Kingdom Lodge 2007, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2009, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011, Animal Kingdom Lodge & The Polynesian 2014, The Wedding Pavilion & The Polynesian 2016, Animal Kingdom Lodge & The Disney Dream & The Yacht Club 2018, The Disney Dream & Animal Kingdom Lodge club level 2019,

Edited at 07:35 PM.
-kat- is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
The Dream & Club Level at the Lodge
Unread 7 Sep 19, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
We did it in August.

I'm a runner although largely an injured one so my mileage is way down. My partner is not a runner,. although she's pretty trim and she wanted to run it.

It was quite a struggle for her to run the whole thing, but she did manage to, just. I kept with her, which meant running very within myself, but it was nice to do it together.

it was warm, clearly, but nowhere near as bad as I'd thought it would be. When we were at the Beach Club before our cruise I did a few runs up to the Studios and then laps round the lake and on a few of those the real feel temperature was 43 degrees. Castaway Cay was not as hot as those runs!

Additionally, quite a bit of the run is in the shade - certainly far more than I expected based on what I'd read from others about running up and down the runway. Most of the run is NOT up and down the runway!

It's good fun and there are people going at all kinds of pace - some decent runners going at quite a clip, some jogging along, some alternating jogging and walking and others walking.

Finally, as the cast member at the start said: it's just for fun. You can run around the corner from the start, turn round and come back 30 seconds later and you'll still get a medal!

if you're capable of jogging/running 5km you should do it. Take it slow at the outset and then pick up the pace if you feel you have it in you. If not, slow down to a walk and do what you need to do to get round.

Good luck - you'll love it!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 19, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Oh, another thing - do a few runs on the Dream itself. Those are nice laps to do!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 19, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 21
Mobile

I did it in feb when on the fantasy. It was early morning (think we were finished by about 9.30) and there were lots of water stations. Im not a runner so walked it. Bought a fridge magnet as a momento!

DVC owners at SSR
Dendycat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Mediterranean cruise
Unread 8 Sep 19, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
-kat-
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
We did it in August.

I'm a runner although largely an injured one so my mileage is way down. My partner is not a runner,. although she's pretty trim and she wanted to run it.

It was quite a struggle for her to run the whole thing, but she did manage to, just. I kept with her, which meant running very within myself, but it was nice to do it together.

it was warm, clearly, but nowhere near as bad as I'd thought it would be. When we were at the Beach Club before our cruise I did a few runs up to the Studios and then laps round the lake and on a few of those the real feel temperature was 43 degrees. Castaway Cay was not as hot as those runs!

Additionally, quite a bit of the run is in the shade - certainly far more than I expected based on what I'd read from others about running up and down the runway. Most of the run is NOT up and down the runway!

It's good fun and there are people going at all kinds of pace - some decent runners going at quite a clip, some jogging along, some alternating jogging and walking and others walking.

Finally, as the cast member at the start said: it's just for fun. You can run around the corner from the start, turn round and come back 30 seconds later and you'll still get a medal!

if you're capable of jogging/running 5km you should do it. Take it slow at the outset and then pick up the pace if you feel you have it in you. If not, slow down to a walk and do what you need to do to get round.

Good luck - you'll love it!
Perfect! Thanks for that, its really good to know that there is some shade and its not all out in the open...even cycling along the runway last year was tough in the heat 😂.
Im super excited to do it tbh...especially now that I can actually run for more than 5k without collapsing in a heap 😂. Im probably just gonna use the gym for running at AKL tbh, although Id like to try the path to Kidani and back but I reckon the heat will not work for me and its a bit of a hill I think? Ive never actually even walked it before as weve used the shuttle in the past but Ill defo check it out as I prefer to run outside.

Oh and running round the ship is on my bucket list...in fact I want to run round every Disney ship at least once...so thatll definitely be getting ticked off 👍 . We walked it last year and it was fun so Im really happy to be running it this year!

Thanks again for your help!
Glenbrook Villa & Animal Kingdom Lodge 2007, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2009, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011, Animal Kingdom Lodge & The Polynesian 2014, The Wedding Pavilion & The Polynesian 2016, Animal Kingdom Lodge & The Disney Dream & The Yacht Club 2018, The Disney Dream & Animal Kingdom Lodge club level 2019,
-kat- is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
The Dream & Club Level at the Lodge