Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 1 Sep 19, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
blizeH
Earning More Ears

Fitting 5 days of parks into 2 days :/

Hi guys,

We were advised by our airline to reschedule our flight after MCO announced it's closure, so our 5 days in Orlando has now turned into 2. Ideally we'd like to see (in order):

Universal Studios
  • Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts
  • Revenge of the Mummy
  • Hogwarts Express
  • Men In Black Alien Attack

Universal Islands of Adventure
  • Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
  • Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure
  • Incredible Hulk Coaster
  • Popeye and Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges
  • Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls

We'd also like to visit Volcano Bay if possible since we haven't been before, but we loved Crush N Gusher at Typhoon Lagoon so are tempted to go there too.

We're arriving late afternoon on the Thursday so that's a write off... on the Friday we were thinking of getting a two park Universal pass with fast pass tickets, and also going to Halloween Horror Nights not because we want that (my wife isn't a fan) but just as an opportunity to go on more of the rides.

Then Saturday we would go to Volcano Bay, and maybe head back to the other Universal parks if there's anything we've missed. We're heading to Key Largo on the Sunday... we could also visit a park in the morning/early afternoon before heading down to the Keys.

I know this is an awful plan, but could it work?
blizeH is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Mobile

MCO is no longer closing, so your original plans are safe! 🙂
YLL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Connors Daddy
Very Serious Dibber

MCO not closing now though is it? Have you already changed plans?
Connors Daddy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

Last Sunday with fast passes we did both universal parks and the majority of rides in one day . We didn’t queue for hagrids as we went one evening especially to do that . On the Monday we went to volcano bay from 8-45 to 4 and had a lovely day but had done everything by 12-30.
Old 1 Sep 19, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
blizeH
Earning More Ears

Thanks guys, unfortunately we changed our flights, accommodation & car hire yesterday when the airport announced it's closure Pretty gutted but glad that things are looking good for other people.

Great news that you were able to do both in a day with the fast passes JLH I've just noticed that Islands of Adventure is open until 9pm - yay! So if we do Universal Studios in the day, we can stick to IoA at night and not worry about the Horror Night tickets.

Friday - Volcano Bay (to chill out after traveling the day before)
Saturday - Universal Studios & Islands of Adventure with fast passes
Sunday - in the morning either go back to Universal, or go to Typhoon Lagoon

Is that do'able? We need to be in Key Largo by 9pm or so on the Sunday, so want to leave plenty of time and leave at mid day.

Thanks
Old 1 Sep 19, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Connors Daddy
Very Serious Dibber

Very doable, but you'll be knackered. I guess that's the benefit of heading to Key Largo after - time to chill.

Only had one night in Key Largo years ago, but really enjoyed it.
Connors Daddy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
blizeH
Earning More Ears

Thank you! That's pretty much what I was expecting. We may skip the parks/water parks on the Sunday and just have a lie in and head to Key Largo if the Saturday takes it out of us too much... it looks like Islands of Adventure is open for 12 hours, and even as someone who loves a theme park that's going to be a pretty intense day, especially since I'll likely be rushing around to try to get on everything - my poor wife!
Old 2 Sep 19, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by blizeH View Post
Thanks guys, unfortunately we changed our flights, accommodation & car hire yesterday when the airport announced it's closure Pretty gutted but glad that things are looking good for other people.

Great news that you were able to do both in a day with the fast passes JLH I've just noticed that Islands of Adventure is open until 9pm - yay! So if we do Universal Studios in the day, we can stick to IoA at night and not worry about the Horror Night tickets.

Friday - Volcano Bay (to chill out after traveling the day before)
Saturday - Universal Studios & Islands of Adventure with fast passes
Sunday - in the morning either go back to Universal, or go to Typhoon Lagoon

Is that do'able? We need to be in Key Largo by 9pm or so on the Sunday, so want to leave plenty of time and leave at mid day.
This was posted yesterday but talks about Friday/Saturday/Sunday? Do you mean this coming weekend or the weekend just gone?

Personally, I would skip visiting Volcano Bay - there's the possibility that it will be closed anyway due to the bad weather associated with the passing of Dorian. Instead, I'd spend two full days at US and IOA. In which case, you should have no problems doing the things you mention. It's only 5 rides per day which is easy to do.

Otherwise, if you do want to fit everything into one day then Express Passes will help. You may find that Universal is quiet though - the hurricane has put people off from visiting plus the schools will have gone back. So crowds should be low-ish.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
blizeH
Earning More Ears

Thanks Nimbus, I was thinking of the upcoming weekend

That's a great point about the weather next week... we kinda thought it'd be bad, but not closing the parks bad but that's definitely something we should factor into our plans.

Thought we found the perfect tickets (3 days, 3 parks) on the Universal site but the 'Florida Residents' button was checked. D'oh.

Edited at 11:38 AM.
Old 2 Sep 19, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
JohnD
VIP Dibber

It's doable with fast passes. Just keep telling yourselves - Sleep is for the weak!

It is hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.
JohnD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List