Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 16 Sep 19, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
miss_chief
Helping Minnie

Perkins or Denny's?

We've always had our first breakfast at Denny's but I'm wondering whether to break with tradition and try Perkins as its one place we have never eaten.
I'd really appreciate opinions and views on Perkins for breakfast, TIA
miss_chief is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Personally, I would choose Perkins. I loved their breakfast and their pancakes are the best.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Perkins, going against convential wisdom I really don't like Denny's

Edited at 01:00 PM. Reason: spelling!
greekgranny is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Dennys everytime. Currently a super slam is only $5.99 and that includes 2 big pancakes, 2 eggs (scrambled or fried), hash browns, sausages and bacon.

The service we got from the Dennys on the 192 near the junction of the us27 was excellent this year.

Admittedly we haven't been to Perkins for years, but we didn't rate it.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

When we went we quite liked Perkins, why not give it a shot?

Orlando I-Drive April 2010, July 2017
New York and Washington October 2016
New York and Toronto July 2019
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I'm guessing that the replies will be as polarised as when Dibbers ask for opinions on Golden Corral

Personally our first breakfast is now at IHOP because it's only a minute's drive from Highgate followed by Bob Evans, Cracker Barrell and yes an occasional GC. We only put Perkins and Denny's in the mix after we've already done the others. Not forgetting First Watch at Champion's Gate if you fancy some avocado with your fry up.

Joan has perfected the art of "senior's" breakfasts where you get exactly the same choice and quantity for a couple of dollars less.

Not much help am I.
Old 16 Sep 19, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

We're always a fan of a Denny's first and/or last day breakfast. There are far more Denny's than Perkins in Florida, so it's always an easy find. Best breakfasts tend to be at the independent diners that are scattered about, often near industrial areas in our experience - look for them on Trip Advisor.
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
I'm guessing that the replies will be as polarised as when Dibbers ask for opinions on Golden Corral

Personally our first breakfast is now at IHOP because it's only a minute's drive from Highgate followed by Bob Evans, Cracker Barrell and yes an occasional GC. We only put Perkins and Denny's in the mix after we've already done the others. Not forgetting First Watch at Champion's Gate if you fancy some avocado with your fry up.

Joan has perfected the art of "senior's" breakfasts where you get exactly the same choice and quantity for a couple of dollars less.

Not much help am I.
Mick,

Don't under sell yourself, because your contribution has been invaluable.

Mickey
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
fletchie148
Imagineer

We love Perkins, great food and great value for money
2000 - Disney All Star Movies 2000 - 2007 - Quality Inn International. 2005 - Quality Inn Suites 2008 - The Fountains 2009 - Orange Lake 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Vista Cay 2017. The Grove Resort & Spa 2018
Majorca - Tonga Towers 2019. Orange Lake 2020 - never happened. Orange Lake 2022. Orange Lake 2023. Voco Dubai 2024
fletchie148 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by archibald View Post
We're always a fan of a Denny's first and/or last day breakfast. There are far more Denny's than Perkins in Florida, so it's always an easy find. Best breakfasts tend to be at the independent diners that are scattered about, often near industrial areas in our experience - look for them on Trip Advisor.
This is us! Toast for 99% of the holiday but the first and last morning pop to Denny's.

All we have is 2 eggs, hash browns and toast. Oh and coffee.

Then I hit them with a 20% off coupon.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List