Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 20 Sep 19, 03:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

I can't drive so only know Disney transport and on the whole it's fine. I say on the whole. I waited half an hour today for a bus back to BC from MK. 5 minutes before it arrived 2 people on scooters arrived with their very large entourages (about 20 people each). By the time they'd all got on the bus there were very few seats left so loads of us who'd been waiting had to wait for the next bus, another half hour wait.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 04:28 AM  
Link to this Post
kateh134
Imagineer

We’ve been to WDW over many years, staying on and off site. We always have a car off site and would never consider off site without one. The last couple of times we’ve been on site, we’ve not had a car and would happily do this again. We adopt a ‘we get there when we get there’ attitude and have only had a problem with the buses once when there was a crash which closed the road. It felt a bit weird for me at first staying within the bubble for the whole time, but OH (driver) loved it and we both enjoyed having a drink which we don’t normally do when we have a car.
Old 20 Sep 19, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Pippy
Very Serious Dibber

I'm really torn, we always hire a car but with the parking charges its starting to get expensive and my friend who is currently at CSR said they have had no issues and the wait times have been short. We go this time next year so I'm seriously considering trying it once and seeing how we get on.
Pippy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
Considering it for sure.

Only thing I'm not sure about is there are 5 of us, which means I don't think we'll all fit in a cab if we go anywhere.
Yes you will , we took the larger Lyft from Formosa to MCO and there were 6 of us and luggage for five .
There's two categories you want the larger option.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
I can't drive so only know Disney transport and on the whole it's fine. I say on the whole. I waited half an hour today for a bus back to BC from MK. 5 minutes before it arrived 2 people on scooters arrived with their very large entourages (about 20 people each). By the time they'd all got on the bus there were very few seats left so loads of us who'd been waiting had to wait for the next bus, another half hour wait.
In that scenario I'd have got a Lyft rather than wait another half an hour .
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We where at Disney a few weeks ago we bused to the parks and either bused or Uber back to resort. You now have more options than using your car. We even met a young couple who we shared a cab with to the outlets, cost of Uber cab All Stars Sports to Vineland Outlets $10 including tip, back $8 including tip. Cost of car hire for day plus petrol plus parking say $100 per day, it’s a no brainier.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We did 10 nights POFQ- Magical express there then mears to HRH and airport. No major issues at all. Mears was easier as large party and just asked bell services to sort. 2 min later we had a transfer. Ubered back from wilderness lodge one night- so easy and v quick. Buses after the fireworks/end of the night were better than expected. Occasionaly 15-20 min waits rarely longer. We had no issue getting to Toy Story EMM one morning. Lovely to not have to drive and could use ddp alcohol with meals without worrying. You do need to get to the bus stop earlier than you might expect for early morning reservations- and its frustrating not knowing when the first bus of the day will go- they will say 45 min before earliest event but it often is earlier. So if you go at 45 min you might just have missed one- then it can get tight.
rafjen is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Gally1968
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We’ve not bothered with a car for the last few trips but don’t let it stop us from venturing out & about (we like to shop). In May we had two weeks at Coronado Springs but visited, both Premium Outlets (more than once) Sea World, Discovery Cove, Mall at Millenia, Lucky Leprechaun (to watch Scottish football) plus quite a few from Disney Springs & parks back to the hotel but we did use the Magical Express to & from the airport.

I spent a little over £200 in fares in total which I don’t think is too bad.
Old 26 Sep 19, 05:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
In that scenario I'd have got a Lyft rather than wait another half an hour .
You can't get a lyft or uber from the MK entrance, you have to go to the TTC and get one from there. Plus I didn't know it would be another half hour. There's no set pattern.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List