Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 18 Sep 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
I honestly don’t know I spotted them at Alamo Sanford until I was dragged away by Mrs PPM She has the same view as Toms wife
I'll keep an eye out at Orlando in October and see what the other half thinks, could be interesting if we can blag a decent one
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
DanLees
Getting Excited

We had a F150 XLT last year. My kids spotted it in the Full Size Car row and I really didn't need any persuasion. The wife was absolutely fine with it - lol. You can get 2 adults, 2 kids, 4 big bags and 4 small bags just in the cab. You just have to flip the centre organiser thing up have a kid in the front on the middle seat.

Honestly, even the XLT spec truck is a nice place to be, plenty of leather and nice to drive . You are high up too so you can see whats going on in traffic. No sat nav but thats a moot point these days with google maps.

I have booked a Full Size car again for February, as that's what we need. However, if there is another pick up in the alamo row, we might take it.
DanLees is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
New Poster (2)

Been lurking on the forums for a while, but this is the perfect time for my first post!

We have just returned from Orlando after 2 great weeks.

Booked a Full Size SUV with Andy @ DFCH (fantastic service btw!) and chose a Chevrolet Tahoe over the sea of Nissan Armadas. It was a nice vehicle with a great spec (sat nav, full leather, WiFi, etc.), but I didn't quite get on with it.

Returned to MCO and asked to swap it out for an Expedition, as we had one last year and really liked it. They only had Expedition Max's, but these were the XLT models and didn't come with all the 'bells and whistles'.

I then took an interest in some Dodge Ram's that were in the next line over. 5.7 Hemi V8, always wanted to drive one, but these were very basic models.

The Alamo lady told me they had an F-150 in another bay and went to fetch it for me.

It ended up being a 1,000 mile F-150 Platinum 3.5 V6 in black. It had pretty much every option ticked - cooled seats, sat nav, blind spot system, electric door steps, keyless entry/start.

2 large and 2 small cases fit in the back passenger compartment with ease (rear bench folded up), however there were only 2 of us so no need to worry about passengers.

We put nearly 1,000 miles on it over the 2 weeks we were in Florida, it was a fantastic truck and I was so glad we got it!

The code on the keys said PPAR, which I was told was a Premium Pickup?

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to share my experience and find an excuse to make my first post about the truck

Tried to upload an image but as i'm a new member I can't as yet, sorry.
11K is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

I'm thinking a pickup might be on the cards if I can find something a bit raw looking
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
HenrysDad
Imagineer

HenrysDad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We are off in just over 4 weeks. We did have a standard SUV booked, but I have upgraded it to full size (Tahoe or equivalent). If I try to persuade the wife to have a pick up, I may need an operation on a sensitive area (Mr Morrow, good Luck with your op).
In fairness, I personally wouldn’t want the pick up for practicality as an open load bed is no good to us as with 4 people and a fair bit of luggage and wouldn’t want wet cases if there was a storm! Also, we have a pick up in the UK, but only drive that when needed as it is no longer a ‘main’ vehicle.
That said, a quick once round the block in a US beast is appealing, wonder if they ever have them for hire with a Truckman fitted? lol