Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 22 Sep 19, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by blusteryday View Post
#PrayForFigment
We love figment but an upgrade might be nice. Just as long as they don't get rid of him 😬😬😬

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by DJSwitch View Post
I’d happily see journey into imagination scrapped or at least updated.
I do understand the need to tweak and update rides but I've not been a fan of imagination since they changed the ord the version which started with dream finder and figment on their ideas catchers contraptions
Old 22 Sep 19, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I know its classic but we did Tiki Room for the first time last trip- I won't be bothering again.
I've never done Country bears but from what I've seen online I think it is overdue a rethink
Epcot- China and France shows are very dated
Gran Fiesta Tour- could be so much better- although then there would be longer queue
Speedway seems so clunky I've never felt the urge to do it
I would love an overlay on Space- not so sure about haunted mansion ( like the classic)
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by laurad107 View Post
I’d like it POTC to be totally updated to the Shanghai one.
I wish they’d do nightmare before Christmas overlay on haunted mansion and also the ghost galaxy overlay on space mountain.
Speed way
Test track
Country bears jamboree
Tiki birds
Have to disagree with several of those. Pirates, Haunted Mansion and Speedway should be left alone for all time unless they need fixing. Classic Disney that doesn’t need touching.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Have to disagree with several of those. Pirates, Haunted Mansion and Speedway should be left alone for all time unless they need fixing. Classic Disney that doesn’t need touching.
Nope. Theme parks shouldn't be museums, but always always adding, building, trying new things. Nothing should be sacred.
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by rafjen View Post
I know its classic but we did Tiki Room for the first time last trip- I won't be bothering again.
I've never done Country bears but from what I've seen online I think it is overdue a rethink
Epcot- China and France shows are very dated
Gran Fiesta Tour- could be so much better- although then there would be longer queue
Speedway seems so clunky I've never felt the urge to do it
I would love an overlay on Space- not so sure about haunted mansion ( like the classic)
They did an Aladdin overlay of the Tiki Room once and completely ruined it. Much better without it, I enjoy it.
I love Country Bear Jamboree but it is dated and could probably do with being replaced, excellent for ‘getting out of a storm.’
Epcot - I believe all the films are getting changed/updated with the latest updates coming to Epcot.
My 3 year old (now 4,) loved the Grand Fiesta tour, we had to go on it twice in one day!
I didn’t do Speedway but DH and DD did last year, my plan was to go on Space Mountain while they did that but it went tech. So I think they need to sort that out, I’ve been on it once in 5 holidays as it always goes down.

The next 2 we didn’t actually do on our holiday last year because they need to go or changing...
Indiana Jones needs to go, it hasn’t changed since my first visit aged 10 in 1992.
Muppets needs updating / changing again it hasn’t changed since 1992.

Question for anyone who’s been but how does Star Tours now fit in with Galaxy’s Edge, as you have to go past the Muppets to get between the two.
2026 - maybe...
Bolto6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Tco200
Imagineer

Mobile

Star Tours is and feels separate from Galaxies Edge (and I’d say it’s potentially a better ride than smugglers run but that’s another debate altogether)

A few rides we enjoy but could do with a few tweaks imo are:

- Small world, we love it and go on every trip a few times but (again this would be controversial) they should add the Disney characters like in the California version; they are great.

- Everest - love it to pieces but just one time I would love to see the Yeti in all its glory, shame it seems infeasible to fix it so we are stuck with disco yeti

- little mermaid show at Hollywood studios, either scrap it and replace it or update the weird early 90’s video quality

We loved the haunted mansion nightmare before Christmas overlay in California but it does mean it being closed a long time to do it each year
Tco200 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 12:48 AM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

i would like to see peter pan, little mermaid show, pirates. tomorrow land speedway and jungle cruise updated
macdonald is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Nope. Theme parks shouldn't be museums, but always always adding, building, trying new things. Nothing should be sacred.
But they constantly update and change things in the parks and which I wholeheartedly believe in but some things should be left alone.What if they decided to do away with Cinderella’s Castle and replaced it with a more modern character or venue? It’s an icon of the park and so are certain rides and attractions.

Edited at 11:34 AM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Pinchy
Imagineer

Yes it would be nice to see a shiny new intercity 125 diesel to replace that out of date Disney steam train.
Pinchy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List