Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 14 May 18, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
WASTID
Getting Excited

How does the 60 days window work if you are only staying onsite for a short number of nights?

We are going in August and have booked to stay at the Dolphin on our day of arrival for 4 nights, but will be in Orlando for 2 weeks.
Will i only get the 60 days option for the days applicable to my Dolphin reservation?
Or will is just open them up from 60 days from arrival so that I can book a FOP during out 2nd week (we'll have moved to a Villa by then)?
WASTID is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 18, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WASTID View Post
How does the 60 days window work if you are only staying onsite for a short number of nights?

We are going in August and have booked to stay at the Dolphin on our day of arrival for 4 nights, but will be in Orlando for 2 weeks.
Will i only get the 60 days option for the days applicable to my Dolphin reservation?
Or will is just open them up from 60 days from arrival so that I can book a FOP during out 2nd week (we'll have moved to a Villa by then)?
not quite - you'll be able, at 60 days before Dolphin check-in (assuming you have booked through Disney themselves) to book your FPs for your first 5 days, both check-in and checkout dates inclusive. Then, at 60 days before each of the rest of your ticket validity dates, you'll be able to book one day's FP at a time.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 18, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
CardiffBob
Getting Excited

Mobile

Thanks for the info - booked a day off work to book my FPs at 60 days out. Gonna need it!
CardiffBob is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 18, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
WASTID
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
not quite - you'll be able, at 60 days before Dolphin check-in (assuming you have booked through Disney themselves) to book your FPs for your first 5 days, both check-in and checkout dates inclusive. Then, at 60 days before each of the rest of your ticket validity dates, you'll be able to book one day's FP at a time.
We didn't book through Disney, but I do have the hotel booking linked through to my MDE account along with the tickets being linked on there as well. As far as I was aware that still allows you to get the 60 days in advance FP bookings.
WASTID is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 18, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
ARAR
Getting Excited

We didn't book through Disney, but I do have the hotel booking linked through to my MDE account along with the tickets being linked on there as well. As far as I was aware that still allows you to get the 60 days in advance FP bookings.
So we are thinking of booking one of the Disney hotels through Hotels.com. Once I've done that, how do I link that in the MDE account? I haven't yet created an MDE account. Is it simply a case of entering the hotel booking reference number somewhere?
ARAR is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 18, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
WASTID
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by ARAR View Post
So we are thinking of booking one of the Disney hotels through Hotels.com. Once I've done that, how do I link that in the MDE account? I haven't yet created an MDE account. Is it simply a case of entering the hotel booking reference number somewhere?
Yes, create a MDE account first, then make your booking and go onto MDE and input your reservation number details to link it all through.
Old 14 May 18, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
The Bairn
Serious Dibber

Surprised there is difficulty in getting some passes, when I was ordering my passes for 8th July onwards everything was available, all Toy Story, Pandora etc

So if your date is coming up, I wouldn't get too concerned.
East coast USA since '92 - Rosen Centre, Wyndham, Marriott World Center, Championsgate Villas, Peabody/Hyatt, Hyatt Grand Cypress, Yacht Club, Beach Club, WDW Dolphin, Animal Kingdom, Gran Destino, Hard Rock, Royal Pacific, Sapphire Falls, Key West, Hollywood Beach, Miami, St Petes, Sandpearl, AMI x24, Caribbean cruises, Smokey Mountains, Nashville.
The Bairn is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 18, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
ARAR
Getting Excited

Yes, create a MDE account first, then make your booking and go onto MDE and input your reservation number details to link it all through.
I created an MDE account earlier today and tried to link a Disney hotel booked via Hotels.com. Unfortunately it wouldn't recognise the confirmation number. Is there normally a delay before I can add the hotel to my account? I tried ringing the Disney helpline, but there was a long wait and I gave up.

Edited at 01:19 PM.
Old 17 May 18, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
WASTID
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by ARAR View Post
I created an MDE account earlier today and tried to link a Disney hotel booked via Hotels.com. Unfortunately it wouldn't recognise the confirmation number. Is there normally a delay before I can add the hotel to my account? I tried ringing the Disney helpline, but there was a long wait and I gave up.
Fairly certain I just entered the reservation details but I did book directly with the Hotel via the Starwoods website (The Swan and Dolphin is onsite, but not a Disney hotel).

I had to ring the Disney helpline regarding my tickets though. They got me to ring Expedia and ask them to get the reference number that is applicable to Disney rather than their own internal reference. Maybe you will have to do similar.
Old 17 May 18, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
ARAR
Getting Excited

Fairly certain I just entered the reservation details but I did book directly with the Hotel via the Starwoods website (The Swan and Dolphin is onsite, but not a Disney hotel).

I had to ring the Disney helpline regarding my tickets though. They got me to ring Expedia and ask them to get the reference number that is applicable to Disney rather than their own internal reference. Maybe you will have to do similar.
Thanks, that's very useful. I managed to speak to someone at Disney yesterday and was told that third party bookings can take several days to show up on their own systems. He suggested I try again during the weekend. Failing that, I'll do as you say and obtain the hotel's own reference number.