Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 May 18, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Allyfe View Post
1) We will aim for Slinky on day 10. We will also try to get TSM, BUT for the third day, I'm thinking Slinky again, rather than the Saucers ride. I'm thinking we can live without the Flying Saucers, if it is a choice between that and a rollercoaster? Any thoughts?

2) Should we FP+ The lion king and Finding nemo and AK, or try and pick those up on the day, and Beauty and the Beast at HS (or try and get it on the day)? I'm thinking that we should just ride Expedition Everest a few more times on FP+ because that would be harder to get. Is that right?

3) Star tours in Disneyland made me feel a bit sick. Are there other rides that I should avoid?

Thanks!
1)I think the flying saucers are going to popular, but if you prefer coasters then yeah go for it again

2) I wouldn't use FP for a show, just turn up 15 minutes before the show begins, you'll get in. We've never had a problem getting into a show

3) Mission Space orange if you feel sick at star tours
Old 20 May 18, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Allyfe
Trainee Dibber

Okay. So we are going to HS on three occasions (all half days). Since ToT was our favourite ride (okay, not so much for my then 5 year old, but he managed to live with it 3 times because the rest of us LOVED it), we have that on each of our 3 visits to HS. We have Slinky twice, and TSM once. And we have the Beauty and the beast show once (I figure that since this was top tier before, it must be pretty popular), and RnR twice. I'm 'hoping' that we can pick up star tours as an extra FP, or on standby. We are on the DDP, so have Fantasmic as a dining package. If we decide we don't much like Slinky, then i guess we could swap it on the day we have a second one. My son LOVED toy story, and he is still pretty sentimental about it (at 7 ), so I'm guessing he will like it.

For AK, I will take of some of the Kwai FPs, because I think there are too many. I have kept Navi, because I do think I'd like to try it. But we have FoP twice, Navi once. I am thinking we should perhaps swap an evening Kwai for an evening safari. I haven't FP+ the shows - I am again hoping that we can pick those up either on standby at 9am, or as extra FPs on the day we are there in the morning. We would like to see the Lion King and Nemo.

I have one other question. I have heard that Space Mountain at WDW is not the same as Disney California (e.g. not as fast/and therefore good! ). We LOVED SM in California, it was my son's favourite ride. But I have only FP+ it once, because I think we may be a little disappointed. I've gone for thunder mountain more. Have I got the right impression? Or will I be kicking myself that we haven't FP+'d it more? We also have 7DMT FP+'d three times. Again, I was assuming it would be one we liked.

Thanks! I don't know what I would have done with the DIBBers and all your helpful tips and advice!
Allyfe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Stumps
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
I wouldn't fast pass Navi, waste of a fast pass, wouldn't queue either lol
I agree. We had a fastpass yesterday. Standby time was 60 mins. Not worth the queue time in my opinion or fastpass.
Stumps is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Allyfe
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by Stumps View Post
I agree. We had a fastpass yesterday. Standby time was 60 mins. Not worth the queue time in my opinion or fastpass.
I've just had a little look at the comments - is it true that you can see this in pandora world after dark anyway? Or did I misunderstand?

I'm wondering if we should FP+ FoP three times instead of doing Navi once. Slow boat rides aren't really our thing (pirates scared my son and bored me - good to do it once but no need to ever do it again).

Hmmm!

With Toy story land open when we are there, is there ANY chance we could get Navi as an extra FP+? And is three times on FoP too much?
Allyfe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

I have one other question. I have heard that Space Mountain at WDW is not the same as Disney California (e.g. not as fast/and therefore good! ). We LOVED SM in California, it was my son's favourite ride.
Went to Disneyland in '15, and if memory serves the Cali ride is not as good/intense as the WDW version. But there's not much in it. I think the ride at WDW goes about 34mph, which is pretty slow, but with the darkness and the tight bends it seems more intense than it is.

There is also a marked difference between the two tracks at WDW as well IMO. One has some little drops that are more fun. They tend to send FPs to one track and standby to another.
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFoodie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I've just had a little look at the comments - is it true that you can see this in pandora world after dark anyway? Or did I misunderstand?
You can't see it with no wait ever, but there will be a smaller wait (as with any ride) just before closing. Plus you can get in the queue a minute before closing and that way your wait time is not wasting Park time.

I'm wondering if we should FP+ FoP three times instead of doing Navi once. Slow boat rides aren't really our thing (pirates scared my son and bored me - good to do it once but no need to ever do it again).
We quite liked it, very pretty and technically impressive. But it is just a themed slow boat ride, and many people feel it is not worth the fastpass or the wait time.

Hmmm!

With Toy story land open when we are there, is there ANY chance we could get Navi as an extra FP+? And is three times on FoP too much?
It's possible but don't count on it. 3x on FOP may be too much if it makes you queasy (as I said, it does me a bit but I still love it).
DisneyFoodie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsMoney
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Hmmm!

Pandora land is all lit up at night, it looks stunning. We got FoP fp+ 6 times in total over 15 days. Na’vi River Journey we did only once (my husband was impressed, I wasn’t so much). Yes it looks good but IMO it’s disappointing in comparison to FoP. Having said that they are completely different rides so I shouldn’t really compare.

I suffer from motion sickness but FoP didn’t affect me at all - I’d ride it all day if I could.
MrsMoney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List