Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 12 Oct 17, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
*Lauren-J*
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile Worried- conflicting info from disney...

So long story short but not so short! , had rather crap experiences/service/hotel room on our disneymoon last year at boardwalk. Fast forward, complained to WDW and they offered 4 complimentary nights and 2 extra fast passes per day at any deluxe resort.

We have booked a trip back to WDW (hoping for the magical trip and service iv been used to before our disneymoon) for May 2018 for my birthday.

We have booked with charter travel 3 nights cabana bay
4 nights grand floridian (arranged with disney separately as complimentary)
Then 7 nights saratoga springs, with dining plan and 14 day ultimate park ticket.

Prior to booking i phoned US disney not UK no to confirm our park tickets could be used from check in at GF as wanted to spend my birthday night there therefore middle rather than end of hol for taking complimentary nights. The CM told me yes no bother you can activate up to 10 days before check in so this could be done at GF. Went ahead and booked the holiday. Travel agent saying otherwise and now read a thread on here saying mixed info 😐

I have phoned UK disney who said they couldnt help as booked through travel agent. And my email to WDW is getting passed and forwarded to "the right dept to help with your enquiry". Can anyone shed any info?

Thanks

Dec 2009 - 1st WDW Visit for Christmas and New-Year!
Aug 2011 - Treat Trip To with the Taggart's
Jan 2015 - 1st DLP Trip with the Sis
April 2015 - 3rd WDW Trip WE GOT ENGAGED!
*Lauren-J* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 17, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Mental Minnie
VIP Dibber

As far as I am aware if you book your package with Disney, hotel & tickets to get the free dinning then your park tickets are only valid from your first day of stay at that hotel. So you would be better to have SSR first and then your complimentary nights at GF.
Old 12 Oct 17, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
*Lauren-J*
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mental Minnie View Post
As far as I am aware if you book your package with Disney, hotel & tickets to get the free dinning then your park tickets are only valid from your first day of stay at that hotel. So you would be better to have SSR first and then your complimentary nights at GF.
Thats why i phoned disney to clarify before i booked. The reason i wanted to do it that way was to stay at GF on my actual birthday. Im so annoyed at the crap lack of responce from disney basically passing the buck with my email.

*Lauren-J* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 17, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Gillybean08
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

I have definitely read somewhere that Disney can (or could) activate the park tickets upto 3 night's prior to check in on a package holiday. I will have a quick look for the link
Gillybean08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 17, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Gillybean08

Mobile

This one disneyparksmomspanel.disney... ackage-311362/
Gillybean08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 17, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Mental Minnie
VIP Dibber

Just checked out your link Gillybean. Thank you. That's good to know. Hopefully OP will be ok then if she goes to guest relations.
Old 12 Oct 17, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
*Lauren-J*
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gillybean08 View Post
Thank you so much for this. So hopefully worst case scenario we lose one day of park ticket on our check in day at GF?! However in view i was told 10 days and have note of day and time of phone call that cost me £38 because only US no could book my complimentary nights i hope disney uphold this. Thanks again. X

Old 12 Oct 17, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Gillybean08

Hope they do honour their promise, especially after your disappointment last time
Old 13 Oct 17, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Something similar was being discussed over on this thread:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1051085

It does seem a bit confusing. Disney UK's website states that you can only pick up the tickets when you check into the hotel that's part of your package. Disney US says that you can pick up tickets earlier than this (maybe 10 days or 3 days), but that might only apply to American packages. Maybe?

One thing I will say though is that your dining plan will only start when you check into SSR. You can't use your 'free' dining credits before then at GF.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 17, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
*Lauren-J*
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Something similar was being discussed over on this thread:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1051085

It does seem a bit confusing. Disney UK's website states that you can only pick up the tickets when you check into the hotel that's part of your package. Disney US says that you can pick up tickets earlier than this (maybe 10 days or 3 days), but that might only apply to American packages. Maybe?

One thing I will say though is that your dining plan will only start when you check into SSR. You can't use your 'free' dining credits before then at GF.
Thanks! Yeah im fine with dining package starting then! Its the ticket issue i want them to clarify. Feel like it was pointless phoning up to check before i booked. Will update you when i get a response. X