Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Nov 17, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Lulu-Belle
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Wonderlandx View Post
Thanks for posting this LuLu-Belle, I too have been considering this for October next year but Virgin's prices are astronomical at the moment for a return from Gatwick to Orlando in September (been looking at September to get an idea on prices as October's flights aren't available yet). For two people the cheapest I have found on Virgin PE is around £3500, is this usual for people who have booked this before? Or does the price tend to come down in October? PE for BA is around £2000 at the moment for return in October and I'm wondering if it's really worth me waiting for Virgin's October flights to become available. Any advice would be much appreciated!
Thanks everybody I think we will take the plunge. We have found looking at skyscanner we can get 2 adults and 2 children for £4300 rtn (although rtn is indirect but that doesn’t worry me as we’ve done indirect a few times and coming home is the easier leg). With herniated disc and a bulging disc it will be nice to have some comfort
Cabana Bay - 2019
Lulu-Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 17, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Mobile

PE for us purely for comfort , DH is 6’2 & all legs and I’m a little on the fluffy side round the tummy and like more room 🙂 we have a good deal on Delta Business class next month but that’s indirect so that maybe worth looking at .
Personally I have found good Biz deals around January/April time .. booking a few months out
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 17, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lulu-Belle View Post
Thanks everybody I think we will take the plunge. We have found looking at skyscanner we can get 2 adults and 2 children for £4300 rtn (although rtn is indirect but that doesn’t worry me as we’ve done indirect a few times and coming home is the easier leg). With herniated disc and a bulging disc it will be nice to have some comfort
Lulu, also check LastMinute, where we bought this winter's PE flights. They were considerably cheaper plus offerred 2.2% cash back via Quidco (Netflights, Expedia, Opodo all offer cash back). Always worth checking all angles individually Lulu. We acquired PE for £687pp, VA were £807 and the other TA's around £750.
Old 5 Nov 17, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

We use VA miles for PE which makes it a little more manageable-never paid cash. I love it and do find the extra room, quieter cabin and little extras you get like afternoon tea, tea in a proper mug etc makes the flight more enjoyable but not sure it's worth all the extra money if you can't get a deal. My DH isn't keen as he says the seats make his back hurt!

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 17, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Lulu-Belle
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Lulu, also check LastMinute, where we bought this winter's PE flights. They were considerably cheaper plus offerred 2.2% cash back via Quidco (Netflights, Expedia, Opodo all offer cash back). Always worth checking all angles individually Lulu. We acquired PE for £687pp, VA were £807 and the other TA's around £750.
Will do thanks for the tip.

Will also check out Delta too
Cabana Bay - 2019
Lulu-Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 17, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Is it worth it? Depends on what your criteria are. If it's down purely to cost, then most often it's an expensive option.

We flew out PE with Virgin on Oct 24th, for us it was well worth while. Didn't have to stand in a queue of what looked like 200-250 people to drop bags off etc.

Food was okay, better than economy but that alone wouldn't justify paying for PE.

Main benefit though was the amount of legroom , seat width and comfortable seat.

Having said all that, we paid just under £645 each so the price was a good deal ( VA December sale ) for a PE direct flight from Manchester to MCO.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 17, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Virgin PE from Manchester mid Aug next year was astronomical, ec was high too. So, we decided to make the trip to Gatwick this time and are flying Norwegian Premium. I really like the 48" seat pitch and extending foot plate on the seats. Also that there are only 35 seats in the cabin. Even with added costs of getting to Gatwick, it was still a huge saving for us. It came in at around £1000 pp. I like the later flight times too. Arrive to an empty immigration hall, dinner and bed on arrival. Then almost a full day to ourselves on the last day as we don't need to be at the airport until 7pm.
Old 5 Nov 17, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
jimmymc
Apprentice Imagineer

Very interested in this thread as we are travelling back to Manchester in premium economy - Its first time we have done PE and when we booked this holiday, I didnt realise that the return leg was premium!
Got the 14 nights in Key West Flights with Virgin via Atlanta and hotel accommodation for a grand total of £2,600 ! Only 14 more wake ups!

Maureen
jimmymc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 17, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post

All I can say is thank goodness we'd booked PE seats!

Had to divert to Gander en route to Manchester from MCO on our return trip earlier this week, due to some poor chap being taken very ill, and resulting in a 2 1/2 hour delay... at least in PE seats our bums weren't numb and we had room to move and stretch our legs since the pilot kept the seatbelt warning on throughout! That alone made the cost worthwhile.
Old 20 Nov 17, 12:50 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mike230652 View Post
All I can say is thank goodness we'd booked PE seats!

Had to divert to Gander en route to Manchester from MCO on our return trip earlier this week, due to some poor chap being taken very ill, and resulting in a 2 1/2 hour delay... at least in PE seats our bums weren't numb and we had room to move and stretch our legs since the pilot kept the seatbelt warning on throughout! That alone made the cost worthwhile.
Seconded Mike, makes a huge difference being in a seat/cabin that's easier to move around. 21" of seat width is so appreciated by these NE hips

Best to you as always Mike