Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 11 May 18, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Romanoff13
Proud to wear my Ears

Dessert Party

Think I've finally talked my mum into doing the MK dessert party. Next question is which is better? Terrace or garden? I know the garden is cheaper but do you have to sit on the floor to eat? Do you get the same access to desserts and drinks as you do in the terrace? Which view is better? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Probably the last time we'll all be there together so wanting to make it as special as possible but also trying not to go way over budget.
Can anyone tell me about the kind of food you get here?
Or any opinions on the Star Wars dessert party?

Edited at 04:32 PM. Reason: Additional question
Romanoff13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 18, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
catki11
Apprentice Imagineer

We’ve done the seated version in 2015 back when it was Wishes, but did the plaza garden version of HEA last month.

When you’re seated at Tomorrowland Terrace you’re off to one side, where as in the plaza gardens you’re pretty much straight on to the castle. As HEA involves projections on the castle I’d highly recommend the plaza gardens version.

We were stood up (some people stayed sat on the grass ) but had loads of room and an amazing view of the castle. We got there 15 mins before it started but we could easily have arrived with 5 minutes to go and would still have found a great place to stand.

The desserts and drinks are exactly the same which ever type you do, and you’re seated whilst you’re eating. It’s bite sized cakes, cheesecakes, macarons, cupcakes, chocolate dipped strawberries, ice cream, plus items for kids like brownies, Rice Krispie treats, cookies. There’s also cheese and fruit.

We’ve never done the Star Wars Dessert Party so can’t comment on that, sorry.
Old 11 May 18, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Romanoff13
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Thanks! That's really helpful. So it's fireworks and then the cakes etc?
Old 11 May 18, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
catki11
Apprentice Imagineer

No it’s cakes first, then fireworks. For us, when the fireworks began at 8:55, they said to get there at 7:45pm, however we arrived at about 7:25pm and they let us in. There were actually a few people already there. It gave us plenty of time to eat, drink, rest and be ready for the fireworks.

After the fireworks finished we stayed a bit to let the worst of the crowds go, then cut down by the side of The Plaza restaurant rather than going down Main Street.
Old 11 May 18, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Here's a review of the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party with pictures of the food:
easywdw/easy/blog/re...magic-kingdom/

The Plaza Gardens view is far superior to the Terrace, and I fear Disney are soon going to catch on to this and start situating tables in the Gardens and increasing the price.

Also a review of the Star Wars Dessert Party:
easywdw/easy/blog/re...ywood-studios/

^^ is really good, but I think for a special occasion you should go with Magic Kingdom.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 18, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I'd say the viewing area for Star Wars is better. Nothing in the way of the projections unlike HEA.

There is no seating for the desserts or fireworks with the Star Wars one but you will be able to find places to sit. I'll try to post a photo.
Old 11 May 18, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

Here's our view of the star wars fireworks with the dessert party.

And here's our view for HEA. Can't recall the location name but it was the sit down one. Note the tree blocking a bit of the projections. Still had a fab time though.

suecee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 18, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

We've done both. We did the plaza view of the desserts party and this was our view...

We loved it and are doing it again this year.

The Star Wars party we've loved in the past (we've been twice), but this time it felt very crowded. If you like star wars - and we do - it's worth going. Still debating it for this trip despite having HEA and Frozen Dessert Party booked. If you want more details take a look in my signature at our trippie, you don't need to trawl through it all, days are linked in the signature. It's the Magic Cure trip which has them both 😁
Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List