Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 12 May 18, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
markiemark90
Very Serious Dibber

markiemark90's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Thanks so much for advice Dibbers.

I should have stated we are staying off site in a villa, we have never stayed onsite. this is 6th trip so we know our way around and all the off site restaurants.

it is our first visit to Disney since 2011, we did not bother on recent trips as we felt it was a bit old hat and dated and we had done it all. This next trip we thought we would pay another visit, but everything has changed to do with booking everything months in advance I have found it a bit overwhelming and can't think what we want to do or eat in 6 months time?

Thanks for the re-assurance that we may get the odd sit down meal in Disney. we have been to places like sci-if diner, mama Melrose, Liberty tavern, etc in the past and we like the experience, especially as we are not that bothered about the rides as we have done it all before. So picking a nice meal was more important this time.

I will need to do a plan of which park we will need to be in in order to decide where to eat. it's years since I did this! first a and second visits I was all spreadsheeted out with plans, but last few visits we just went with flow and decided what to do as we went along.

I think I am going to have to embrace this Disney app. I have only logged in on line I don't have it my phone yet.

Thanks for all advice and help, most appreciated.
Old 12 May 18, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

OK one suggestion, just book a bunch of adrs based on places you like at times you might want to be there then adjust them or cancel them up to the day before. That's what many people do and it might reduce later frustration
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 18, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
chippyminton
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
OK one suggestion, just book a bunch of adrs based on places you like at times you might want to be there then adjust them or cancel them up to the day before. That's what many people do and it might reduce later frustration
I was going to suggest the same - even though I have a plan, I have alternative bookings as well in case we change our minds or the weather forecast looks bad or whatever the night before. So for example I booked dinner at Ohana on a MNSSHP night so we can view the fireworks from there, but we may well decide to actually go to MNSSHP that night.

I understand that some take the view that this is maybe unfair on others, but I take the view that someone will be delighted to get a reservation on the day if I cancel. It won’t go to waste.
chippyminton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 18, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by markiemark90 View Post
Thanks so much for advice Dibbers.

I should have stated we are staying off site in a villa, we have never stayed onsite. this is 6th trip so we know our way around and all the off site restaurants.

it is our first visit to Disney since 2011, we did not bother on recent trips as we felt it was a bit old hat and dated and we had done it all. This next trip we thought we would pay another visit, but everything has changed to do with booking everything months in advance I have found it a bit overwhelming and can't think what we want to do or eat in 6 months time?

Thanks for the re-assurance that we may get the odd sit down meal in Disney. we have been to places like sci-if diner, mama Melrose, Liberty tavern, etc in the past and we like the experience, especially as we are not that bothered about the rides as we have done it all before. So picking a nice meal was more important this time.

I will need to do a plan of which park we will need to be in in order to decide where to eat. it's years since I did this! first a and second visits I was all spreadsheeted out with plans, but last few visits we just went with flow and decided what to do as we went along.

I think I am going to have to embrace this Disney app. I have only logged in on line I don't have it my phone yet.

Thanks for all advice and help, most appreciated.
I honestly think you’ll be fine waiting until the day. I’ve just done a search for today at 6pm for 2 and there’s loads of restaurants with decent times.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 18, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
jocesk
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Things will have changed ALOT since 2011. Even the rides have changed considerably. Flight of passage etc you wouldn't have done
jocesk is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Coda View Post
Our first two trips ( 2004/2006 ) we didn't have the DDP so we just ate the usual burgers/fries/hot dogs etc..However in 2008 we got the free DDP and the planning was a wee bit of a nightmare..Every two year since ( 2010/2012/2014/2016 ) it's got easier and easier..I've just finished making our ADRS for November this year..A doddle..Got everyone one I wanted, including five signature experiences...I love it now and it makes it so easy to plan our your daily activities knowing you can look forward to a table service meal in the evening..
Any tips on how you do it now x