Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 17 May 18, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Charlie30
Getting Excited

No change at toll booth.

Amateur mistake but we went through the first toll from the airport which was manned so paid in cash, came across a second toll which wasn’t and wanted exact change. We didn’t have the correct change so had to take a mailing envelope to post a cheque. As we have a car with Alamo will they sort out the charge from our card or do we need to mail a cheque? It wasn’t a SunPass lane though, just a regular cash lane. We’re stressing about having to find a bank to get a cheque! Thanks in advance!
Old 17 May 18, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Those lanes are all Sunpass as well even if you don't see a sign. No need to panic. You will have activated the Alamo system so will be charged on your card.
Old 17 May 18, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Same as above
Exact cash lanes are also sunpass lanes

Alamo will bill you $3.95 + toll, between 2 and 6 weeks after you return the car

you can throw that enveloppe in the trash
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 18, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
EllenClaire
Imagineer

EllenClaire's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
you can also get a money order from any of the supermarkets and post it in the envelope
Sheraton World Resort 2004,International Spa & Plaza 2006,The Fountains 2007,The Lighthouse Key Resort 2008,Clarion Inn & Suites 2010,Sunset Lakes Dibb Villa Sept 2012, Liki Tiki Village May 2015,Encantada Resort May 2016,High Grove Resort Dibb Villa May 2017,Encantada Resort May 2018,Encantada Resort May 2019, Encantada Resort May 2020
EllenClaire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 18, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EllenClaire View Post
you can also get a money order from any of the supermarkets and post it in the envelope

sure, that would save $3 (publix charges $.89 for a money order)

but there is no guarantee the toll violation payment will be processed before the toll by plate charge is transferred to alamo by the local toll agency

so that's a risk of paying twice for the toll, and both alamo and money order fees.

for the sake of $3 I'd save myself a trip to a supermarket.
just a thought
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 18, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
duncanb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EllenClaire View Post
Yes but valuable holidays time is worth more than going out of way to faf about then find post box for the $3 not for me but maybe others.
Dont fret op just enjoy.
You can as well drive through all sunpass lanes for $20 admin fee for all holiday tolls added obviously.
I do all the time as can't be bothered to hang onto change all the time.
As always each individual choice.
Old 17 May 18, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
RobertWestwood
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
sure, that would save $3 (publix charges $.89 for a money order)

but there is no guarantee the toll violation payment will be processed before the toll by plate charge is transferred to alamo by the local toll agency

so that's a risk of paying twice for the toll, and both alamo and money order fees.

for the sake of $3 I'd save myself a trip to a supermarket.
just a thought
There wont be a toll violation as its the Plate Pass scheme now. Alamo are simply billed the cost of the toll and then charge that and the admin fee to the hirer

She is much more intelligent than me
RobertWestwood is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 18, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Must be over a month since I posted my toll plaza photos.

You've already had enough reassurance from DIBB regulars about how Alamo will recover the toll charge so please don't stress.

This is the unmanned toll at j2 off the 417 onto Celebration Avenue and as you will see, as others have said, the "Pay cash" lane is also Sunpass enabled.

Mick
Old 17 May 18, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by RobertWestwood View Post
There wont be a toll violation as its the Plate Pass scheme now. Alamo are simply billed the cost of the toll and then charge that and the admin fee to the hirer
yes I misused the word and did not get the idea across right.

what I meant is that the enveloppe and money order will be dealt with by the toll violation department

but since it's a hire car from a company using toll by plates it's not a violation, so sending the money order (procedure for a violation) when it's not a violation, would probably only have the OP pay twice for their toll. So I would not advise on using the enveloppe.

hope it makes more sense
Old 17 May 18, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlie30
Getting Excited

Great news! Thanks everyone. That takes my concerns away. It’s great to be able to get quick advice!