Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 28 Sep 16, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile Aer lingus?

Hi, just looking at flights Lon-dub-mco, we've only ever gone direct before with virgin or BA. What are Aer lingus like please? And can I clear US immigration in Dublin?

Thank you - flight prices for August are stressing me out 😉
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 16, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Yes, you would clear immigration in Dublin.

Can't comment on Aer Lingus, but if you are browsing BA site and looking at alternative flight options, also take a look at American Airlines. We booked on Sunday and are flying LHR-Philly-MCO and MCO-MIA-LHR back - one bonus is you get free seat selection at point of booking

AA were coming out cheapest for our dates (last week in July), ended up booking 26th July for 2 weeks.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 16, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post

we did that route 2 years ago, doing it again this year

it was our only option this trip, i didnt even look at direct with virgin or BA, the AL dublin route ticked the box for us, you land in MCO, pick up your luggage and are away, its great
Old 28 Sep 16, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Loftus
Imagineer

I've come back today after flying with Aer Lingus via Dublin. I would have absolutely no hesitation to book again and probably will.
Loftus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 16, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Great thank you I'll definitely consider them and also AA. typically went back in to book the flights and they've gone up by £500 arghhhhhhh!
Old 28 Sep 16, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Pookie3101
Imagineer

Pookie3101's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I flew LGW/DUB/MCO in August and would fly that route again and with Aer Lingus.
It was very easy and great going through pre clearance at Dublin.

DLP NBC - 2008, DLP SL- 2009, DLP SL, 2010.
AKL - 2014, POR - 2016
Pookie3101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 16, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Not sure on your dates but have you checked Skyscanner and Momondo? We booked yesterday for 15th Aug-5th Sept for £450pp. LGW-DUB-MCO with AL and MCO-LGW with BA. Got to choose our seats for free for both AL flights straight away

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 16, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jimbobs mouse View Post
Hi, just looking at flights Lon-dub-mco, we've only ever gone direct before with virgin or BA. What are Aer lingus like please? And can I clear US immigration in Dublin?

Thank you - flight prices for August are stressing me out 😉
If you have only used VA/VS economy before, then you are in for a nice surprise and realise how rubbish VS and BA are in comparison.

AL in my view offer a very good economy service.

And then add pre-clearance and it gets much better.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 16, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
RPL1978
Chilling at Carribean Beach

The inflight entertainment is probably a little bit behind the offering from Virgin. Food is as bad as any other airline! I really feel the opportunity to clear immigration will do it for us every time. At the moment they are the only show in town on direct flights from Dublin to Orlando so if that is your preferred way to travel and you live in Ireland there's nothing else. A bit of competition on the route may force Aer Lingus to sharpen the product a bit
RPR CL, Anna Maria Island & Villa Oct 2017
RPL1978 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 16, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
If you have only used VA/VS economy before, then you are in for a nice surprise and realise how rubbish VS and BA are in comparison.

AL in my view offer a very good economy service.

And then add pre-clearance and it gets much better.
thats bang on

we always used VA, then one trip VA were much more expensiev than BA, we then realised being treated like dirt was not the way to fly, so that was it with VA, never flown them again

BA were a massive step up from VA, or so we thought

BA were over £1200 each for our flights, so we tried AL, WOW, polite helpful cabin crew, even in ecom class

the only thing that we noticed in AL, and they made a point of at the start of the flight, if you want a drink, go and get it from the galley, they havent the time to bring drink to various people at different times, it worked well, we were told about it and we would just pop up and grab a few cans
Closed Thread