Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Oct 18, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Sorry to hear this news - of course you're going to worry.

I am going to say what happened to my dad but its not ALL Bad news.

My dad at 75 went for a prostrate test - a week before my parents went to NYC. My mum asked him to wait till they got back (2 weeks) but he wouldnt ).
Anyway he was VERY unlucky and ended up with septicaemia following the test and 3 days later he was given an hour to live, put on full life support etc.
Half of it was his own fault for ignoring the symptoms as he has dormant malaria and thats what he thought he had

ANYWAY - he survived and went on with his treatment. He had the fast growing one but after radio therapy he's clear now.

At 75 the radio therapy make him tired for 1 week out of 3 and despite all the near death issues his is back to pretty much full fitness and at 83 he is still travelling the world. He makes my mum sleep on the chair in departure lounges as he won't book an overnight hotel

Like others have said even if you dont get the answers you want for your DH treatment and success rates are very high for prostrate C these days.

Wishing you all the best x x x
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Wishing you all the best for both of you. Such a difficult time you are going through. We have our DD MRI next week, just a year out of her brain tumour biopsy, we too have everything crossed. Life really does go on hold at these difficult times. X
Old 10 Oct 18, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninja
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 142
Oh hun, keeping everything crossed that everything is ok with you both, sending you lots of love and good wishes {{{hugs}}}xxx
Ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Sending positive vibes and pixie dust
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Update !

Well this is a day I would like to forget.

First things first, thankfully all my tumour markers have come back normal so pleased about that.
But this was my hubbys Biopsy day. As we have Private Medical Insurance and this is what we have used for me, Hubby has gone NHS as everything has been fine so far.

But today I just went to pieces, we checked in at the Day Surgery but nobody told me, I could not be with him. Watching how terrified he was and walking down the corridor away from me, well, it absolutely broke my heart.

I was going to stay in the Hospital till he was released but all I could do was cry and cry. Went to Costas in the Hospital and had some breakfast but just could not pull myself together, so decided to head home until I could pick him up. I just could not stop crying all day. People on the bus home, must have thought I was a complete nutter

Thankfully at 1.30 got the call and friends took me down to collect him.
He is remarkably okay, I have cleaned him up and he is now in bed.

Now just got to wait 7-10 days for the results which is going to be unbearable but god wiling everything will be okay.

I have not slept properly now for 2 days, what with waiting for my results but for me worrying about my wonderful husband who got me through one of the worst years of my life and the worst chemotherapy but even worse the death of our beloved Molly.

My darling husband is home now, where he belongs. Please god everything will be okay. Now the tears, though still bubbling under... a glass of wine is helping.

Thanks for all the wonderful replies. xxx
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Mobile

Fingers crossed for him - and hoping the next week or so flies by.
Glad to hear your own news is good x
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Oh you poor thing, what a day. Fingers crossed all is well. Put your feet up, enjoy that wine and get a good nights sleep.
Congratulations on your good news x
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. I can say no more than Colette above who has so eloquently said what I would have.

Best wishes to you both.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mousemad
Imagineer

mousemad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Aww bless you x Keeping everything crossed for your hubby & sending positive thoughts your way xx
'18 Madeira beach*'17 Vero beach*'16 40th wedding trip*'15 Siesta Key,Barefoot*'14 Lilli&Joe 1st trip*'13 Cruise,Ft L'dale & AMI*'12 Barefoot,AMI*'11 12go2c Harry*'11 DH B'day Cruise*'10 Barefoot*09 Ft L'dale,Kissimmee*07 Big50,Orlando,Cruise*07 Barefoot*06 Kissimmee*05 Orlando*02 San Diego,Vegas,LA*99 San Diego,Vegas,LA*93 Kissimmee,Clearwater*90 Orlando*81, Ft L'dale,KeyWest,Orlando
mousemad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Gev
Imagineer

Oh heavens what a time you’re having. Firstly, well done you on your results. That’s a big step forward and a big ✅ off the list. Well done hubby in getting through his test day. It’s over now and another tick off the list. I’m sure there’s a sea of pixie dust rolling your way from The Dibb and just imagine it’s us lot sitting in the ‘waiting room’ with you. I know how it feels to lose our fur babies and how it breaks our hearts. Molly will always be with you, but I know the comfort they bring in tough times and you’re missing her. But you are both stronger than you think and have each other. We’re all keeping our collective fingers crossed for you both. Xxxxx