Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Apr 19, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Just a heads up ref the Miles. In the last 3 years never once have they applied automatically to my account.

However not being one to miss a freebie I make a claim and they add them on manually.
Has to be done!
Mr Tom, how do you make a claim? I’ve ordered and pad for our duty free and no sign of the miles x
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
I was going to preorder some perfume for my VA flight only to discover it was more expensive than I can currently buy it in a shop here!

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
Mr Tom, how do you make a claim? I’ve ordered and pad for our duty free and no sign of the miles x
Hi. You dont get the Miles until after the flight to which it applies. I give it a few weeks then go onto 'claim missing Miles' It's complicated to do so if you get stuck give me a shout.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
mousemad
Imagineer

mousemad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 5
This happened to us once. I pre-ordered cigarettes to collect on the flight home. However, when we were on the flight, they told us Manchester & Gatwick had swapped planes & they hadnt changed over the pre-booked orders. They didnt have any on the plane we could buy so had to do without. They refunded our money once we were back in the UK but obviously we didnt get the cigarettes. This was on a Virgin flight.
I have pre-ordered cigarettes this time but its with Thomas Cook & i've ordered them on the outbound flight so if we dont get them I can get them in the airport on the way home.
'18 Madeira beach*'17 Vero beach*'16 40th wedding trip*'15 Siesta Key,Barefoot*'14 Lilli&Joe 1st trip*'13 Cruise,Ft L'dale & AMI*'12 Barefoot,AMI*'11 12go2c Harry*'11 DH B'day Cruise*'10 Barefoot*09 Ft L'dale,Kissimmee*07 Big50,Orlando,Cruise*07 Barefoot*06 Kissimmee*05 Orlando*02 San Diego,Vegas,LA*99 San Diego,Vegas,LA*93 Kissimmee,Clearwater*90 Orlando*81, Ft L'dale,KeyWest,Orlando
mousemad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Hi. You dont get the Miles until after the flight to which it applies. I give it a few weeks then go onto 'claim missing Miles' It's complicated to do so if you get stuck give me a shout.
Thanks Mr Tom
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by RickT View Post
I normally buy the Smirnoff 57 Blue label export.. 50%, quite often i buy it in Walmart for less than $15 for a litre, however the cheapest i have found it is flying Thomas Cook, Ł10 a bottle and buy 2 get 1 free ! so 3 litres for Ł20.
I did this last year. Got a 1litre bottle of Smirnoff Blue and Bacardi at Ł10 each. Unfortunately I couldn’t take advantage of the 3f2, due to only 2 of us having an allowance.
Bolto6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bolto6 View Post
I did this last year. Got a 1litre bottle of Smirnoff Blue and Bacardi at Ł10 each. Unfortunately I couldn’t take advantage of the 3f2, due to only 2 of us having an allowance.
Yeah that is the downside...
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiger 1057
Excited about Disney

Apologies but I haven't read all the posts but I would never pre order duty free on Virgin. We previously have ordered cigarettes on the flight from MCO to LGW.
When the duty free service started on the flight I mentioned the fact that we had pre ordered. The stewardess mentioned that she would bring them to our seats later, needless to say she didn't. When I raised the matter we were informed that the duty free service had ended and we could now no longer get any cigarettes. Obviously I complained to no avail.
I then complained in writing to Virgin who had the audacity to direct me to the duty free supplier who was actually based in Miami despite my protestations that I purchased from Virgin not some 3rd party in Miami.
American Express refunded my payment and I received a good will gesture from Amex but nothing from Virgin. I suspect Amex got Virgin to reimburse the good will gesture.
So lesson learnt - if you definitely want duty free do not pre order and pay Virgin as you may not get what you paid for. The cigarettes we ordered were gifts for our house sitter and our dog sitter who both missed out.
Tiger 1057 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Tiger 1057 View Post
Apologies but I haven't read all the posts but I would never pre order duty free on Virgin. We previously have ordered cigarettes on the flight from MCO to LGW.
When the duty free service started on the flight I mentioned the fact that we had pre ordered. The stewardess mentioned that she would bring them to our seats later, needless to say she didn't. When I raised the matter we were informed that the duty free service had ended and we could now no longer get any cigarettes. Obviously I complained to no avail.
I then complained in writing to Virgin who had the audacity to direct me to the duty free supplier who was actually based in Miami despite my protestations that I purchased from Virgin not some 3rd party in Miami.
American Express refunded my payment and I received a good will gesture from Amex but nothing from Virgin. I suspect Amex got Virgin to reimburse the good will gesture.
So lesson learnt - if you definitely want duty free do not pre order and pay Virgin as you may not get what you paid for. The cigarettes we ordered were gifts for our house sitter and our dog sitter who both missed out.
I learnt the hard way. Never let them get to within 90 mins of landing before getting your stuff. Sad to say but some of the staff are bone idle. If I encounter one of them I just find somebody else.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
mouli1
Imagineer

mouli1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Ok will buy in Manchester then I think.not bothered by getting miles

[R]
mouli1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List