Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Aug 19, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Purplefrog
slightly serious Dibber

I swear by evening primrose but you need to take much higher doses than the recommend amount. Hope you manage to sort it out. Sounds miserable xxx
Purplefrog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Tillyjcm
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Have any of you tried Menomagic? It was mentioned on another DIBB thread about menopause a few months back. It’s essential oils that you apply to the inner wrists and behind ears when a flush starts to come on. You also apply it to the soles of the feet to aid sleep.

I’m not quite there yet, probably early peri menopause but I have some Menomagic ready.

My hair is thinning out a little but I’m hoping that’s just a 3 yearly moult? 🤞🏼Plus a thickening waist, which I’ve never had and bloating.

When the time does come though I’ll be opting for HRT if I need it, along with alternative therapy’s. Although I realise that this may not be an option if you’ve had an oestrogen receptive breast cancer.

Kat
I’ve tried the Menomagic, sadly did nothing for me. Smells nice but no effect whatsoever on flushes.

I’m at end of my tether at the minute. Diagnosed with kidney stones back in beginning of July, took until today for follow-up appointment at hospital only to be told they no longer have facilities for shock wave treatment so now referring me to another hospital with 2-3 months wait.

I was having night sweats before kidney stones and coping but now they’re horrendous plus I’m waking 4-5 times in night to pee. I’m so tired and grumpy during the day and I could literally murder Dh when he tells me I look miserable .

I hate feeling this way and have no chance of hrt due to family history so I’m working my way through any alternative therapies and clutching at straws for any ‘miracle cure’.
Old 28 Aug 19, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
mooray27
Excited about Disney

Have a wee look at menopausematters.co.uk. One of the drs I work with set it up and it’s won quite a few awards. Might be helpful. Good luck x
mooray27 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Definately try accupuncture.
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I think more of us will be joining in soon as there is a problem accessing HRT at the moment!
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
wendy7654
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I think more of us will be joining in soon as there is a problem accessing HRT at the moment!
Yes as I have just found out today! Problem with suppliers with the HRT patches I am in so had to go back to the GP and waiting a phone call to see what alternative I can go on..

Windwood Bay 2008/2009
DIBB Villa - Sandy Ridge 2010
Sandy Ridge Villa-2013
DIBB Villa - Westhaven July 2018

Hotel Elysee Val De Europe May 2015
Seqouia Lodge DLP Xmas/New Year 2015
Seqouia Lodge GF Xmas/New Year 2016
Sequoia Lodge GF Xmas/New Year 2017
Sequoia lodge May 2019- August 2022- Hopefully
wendy7654 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by wendy7654 View Post
Yes as I have just found out today! Problem with suppliers with the HRT patches I am in so had to go back to the GP and waiting a phone call to see what alternative I can go on..
Good luck. Could you let me know how you get on please?
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
wendy7654
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Good luck. Could you let me know how you get on please?
Will do hoping they can find me an alternative!

Windwood Bay 2008/2009
DIBB Villa - Sandy Ridge 2010
Sandy Ridge Villa-2013
DIBB Villa - Westhaven July 2018

Hotel Elysee Val De Europe May 2015
Seqouia Lodge DLP Xmas/New Year 2015
Seqouia Lodge GF Xmas/New Year 2016
Sequoia Lodge GF Xmas/New Year 2017
Sequoia lodge May 2019- August 2022- Hopefully
wendy7654 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mousemad
Imagineer

mousemad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 5
The Pharmiscist suggested trying Sage tablets & they definately work. Stopped taking them now as I hope (fingers crossed) I am at the other side now, but they helped me alot with hot flushes while I was going through it. Hope this helps.
'18 Madeira beach*'17 Vero beach*'16 40th wedding trip*'15 Siesta Key,Barefoot*'14 Lilli&Joe 1st trip*'13 Cruise,Ft L'dale & AMI*'12 Barefoot,AMI*'11 12go2c Harry*'11 DH B'day Cruise*'10 Barefoot*09 Ft L'dale,Kissimmee*07 Big50,Orlando,Cruise*07 Barefoot*06 Kissimmee*05 Orlando*02 San Diego,Vegas,LA*99 San Diego,Vegas,LA*93 Kissimmee,Clearwater*90 Orlando*81, Ft L'dale,KeyWest,Orlando
mousemad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Oh gawd. Our friends took us, their dog and all our dogs to Leigh on Sea today... where I proceeded to have a platter of Seafood.
Then a cupcake (however, I did share this with 4 dogs) and then a Pistachio Ice Cream. But the worst thing, everyone in the pubs were having nice lovely scrumptious looking glasses of Rose.
Yes, sadly I have succumbed, I did do half an hour on the Cross Trainer today and 100 stomach crunches, but am so ashamed of myself as I have now had half a bottle.

However, we all had such a fantastic day... try again tomorrow... I will keep trying. Also I pick up the magnet tomorrow. Lovely day but dreading the scales. xx
#
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List