Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 18 Oct 20, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

I just scribble my name inside, seal the envelope and shove them at random into their letterboxes when it’s dark so nobody sees me ! I only personalise them for my 4 “favourite” neighbours !

We all do it. Silly really but it’s one of our many & lovely traditions down our road. We are deciding what to do about our Christmas lighting-up party which we always hold on the first Sun of Dec. Hopefully the restriction on meeting up outside will have been dropped by then.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Mobile

Please stop your dog constantly barking.
MarkUK is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Do you like our trees? 😂
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

I sense a little bit of negativity towards your neighbours at Xmas from reading these posts. Not exactly the festive season of good will to all.

I never have any conversation with my neighbours at any other time of the year and I'm sure that tradition won't change at Xmas . 😂😂😂
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Originally Posted by maidmarian View Post
Do you like our trees? 😂
And I bet they would make excellent xmas cards chopped down and pulped. Win win !
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

Stopped sending christmas cards a few years ago, it's very liberating, hate them and as the years have gone by we get less and less

Love christmas just don't want the cards to have to recycle.
Old 19 Oct 20, 06:52 AM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
I just scribble my name inside, seal the envelope and shove them at random into their letterboxes when it’s dark so nobody sees me ! I only personalise them for my 4 “favourite” neighbours !

We all do it. Silly really but it’s one of our many & lovely traditions down our road. We are deciding what to do about our Christmas lighting-up party which we always hold on the first Sun of Dec. Hopefully the restriction on meeting up outside will have been dropped by then.
Weve got the lighting up debate going on here too. 6th or 13th are equally divided!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Originally Posted by caj View Post
Weve got the lighting up debate going on here too. 6th or 13th are equally divided!
Ours would be the 6th, but it’s become a big gathering over the years with former residents and their families and families from nearby roads, probably about 60 in all. Plus Santa who turns up on the rotary club’s sleigh.

So we don’t know whether it will even go ahead 😢
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

We give to the neighbours we are friendly with and I write love from. Most of us have lived here for many years though, so our road has quite a community feel. I think cards are going a bit out of fashion, but i like sending them.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Previously it was always just ‘Merry Christmas from the McNicols at no5 x’

But this year will be very different. Over the pandemic we have gotten to know our neighbours so much better. It started when one gathered all the mums mobile numbers and started a ‘lockdown ladies’ whatsapp chat with the aim of having A network of support should anyone need help. It extended into swapping recipes/dropping items at each other’s doors/ socially distanced chats and cups of tea in the street. We’ve been able to make sure our older neighbours who were shielding were all well looked after and we could all keep track of who had done what for whom so nothing was missed. I’ve been so pleasantly surprised at how lucky I am to have such good neighbours.

So this year my cards will be personalised to thank them for making this year that little bit better than it would otherwise have been.

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List