Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Oct 20, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

You only have six? In a city the size of Chelmsford? We have three in our small town of Maldon!
Old 18 Oct 20, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Sas
Apprentice Imagineer

That is disgusting 🤮😷.
I would definitely be making a complaint. I would've done before but even more so now with covid.
Like you say just totally unacceptable! X
Old 18 Oct 20, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
Popped into one of the six (yes 6) branches in Chelmsford. Organising the queue and spacing inside couldn’t be any better.

Then I noticed the state of my spoon.
WOW didn’t know the town has 6 Costa’s 💕maybe they’re spending too long cleaning tables to notice the state of their cutlery 😳
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Universal VR View Post
You only have six? In a city the size of Chelmsford? We have three in our small town of Maldon!
Ah but the way they keep building ‘new homes’ in Maldon, very soon it will be the same size as Chelmsford !

My nephew & his fiancée are moving into one of those new homes on Fambridge Rd on Fri.

My sister and I went to the Costa at the new-ish Causeway shopping area last week - nice branch of Home Bargains you have there !
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Surprised if people are or continue going to the likes of Costa, Starbucks & Caffè Nero in the larger towns & cities.

Pret now seems to be the coffee shop of choice since their Barista subscription launched.

Everyone in the queue has their phone out to scan their Pret code; a barista told us the other day that hardly anyone ‘pays’ for their drinks in Pret now.

Up to 5 coffees of any type, teas, iced drinks or frappes a day (30 minutes between each drink) every day for £20 per month with the first month free; I imagine many now walk past Costa or Starbucks to visit Pret instead; we do!

I do realise that living in London, we are spoiled with the number of Prets (& others).

Edited at 08:01 AM.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
disney_l81
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
We were in the Barry one yesterday. Really well organised and it felt great to be doing something so normal again.

Hope you told them about the spoon, Ericsmum!
I was in the new Barry one yesterday Starbucks opening down there soon too.
disney_l81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Wazza
Imagineer

We had an independent open near us just before last Xmas. They’ve managed to keep going through the pandemic. Service is so much better than costa and all food is locally sourced and freshly cooked. I used to love Costa but I don’t frequent them much now
Wazza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by disney_l81 View Post
I was in the new Barry one yesterday Starbucks opening down there soon too.
Is it new? I don’t really know Barry.

We had lovely fish and chips from the chippy too.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
disney_l81
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Is it new? I don’t really know Barry.

We had lovely fish and chips from the chippy too.
Theres one in Holton Road, and the newer one is down on the waterfront near to Morrisons. You should try the Goodsheds place- some really nice food places down there along with some quirky little shops.
disney_l81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by disney_l81 View Post
Theres one in Holton Road, and the newer one is down on the waterfront near to Morrisons. You should try the Goodsheds place- some really nice food places down there along with some quirky little shops.
Ah, it was Holton Road. We did see the other one though as we were at Pets at Home later.

We did go to Goodsheds a few weeks ago but it wasn’t a good experience, too many people and badly organised. We were told we could sit at a particular table till 1pm but our pizza took over half an hour to arrive and we had to eat it walking around.

That said, it was a lovely pizza. We may go back on a weekday when we are free sometime.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List