Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Oct 20, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I intend to do our bathroom next year as it's very dated albeit still looks ok. Sad to say but to have a walk in shower I need extra room so the bidet will not be replaced.

We have spent quite a bit on the house this year so I fully intend to get a bath, basin, loo and big walk in shower. Fully tiled walls, new flooring, new ceiling, loads of spots, new fan, new Rads etc etc and won't be spending more than £2.5K

Hope all my Mates have free time on their hands.
Will you come and negotiate for me? 😉

My quote for labour, pipes, fittings, tile adhesive, grout, cement boards etc is £2385

Just need to find a reasonably priced suite now! I’m after a bath with overhead shower and shower screen, loo enclosed in 500mm cupboard, sink enclosed in 500mm and another 500mm cupboard to fill the gap and a nice 600mm radiator - what do you think?
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Originally Posted by AntonyJ View Post
That looks really good -so you are Scottish too, did you put it in yourself or get someone to come in...?
Thank you, We live in South Shields , Tyneside and we used a local company .
Old 21 Oct 20, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Col&Ali View Post
Aww, Riley’s mum! How is he? 😍

Your bathroom renovation is lovely- I’m keeping my bath and the room is a slightly different shape but the floorspace looks similar. We don’t need a new ceiling and am aiming for no more than £5k - wish me luck!
Aww thank you , Riley is fine
I think that’s easily double for 5k .
Old 21 Oct 20, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Col&Ali View Post
Will you come and negotiate for me? 😉

My quote for labour, pipes, fittings, tile adhesive, grout, cement boards etc is £2385

Just need to find a reasonably priced suite now! I’m after a bath with overhead shower and shower screen, loo enclosed in 500mm cupboard, sink enclosed in 500mm and another 500mm cupboard to fill the gap and a nice 600mm radiator - what do you think?
Sad to say but bathroom fitters (no such trade!) seem to set sky high prices.

Being in the Trade I wont farm a job out like that but I do understand why people like a one stop shop to get it all done. I will 'niibble' away at mine. So I will chase off the top row of tiles and re board the ceiling. Then my Mate will plaster it, then another Mate will install spots and the fan. All for cash.

Another Mate will rip out and cap off the pipes. Then I will get it tiled and the Plumber back to fit the new suite.

So much cheaper but sad to say that's a Tradesman's way for themselves and not for others.

Best of luck with yours but I do think your quote is high.

Edit. Kaldewei steel baths are awesome.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 06:44 PM.
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
We paid the shop for the goods, the 2 fitters charged £150 a day each.
Old 21 Oct 20, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

We’re in the middle of having our bathroom ripped out and replaced. Tiled floor to ceiling with large tiles (for those that commented on my post regarding bush board, we decided to just go with tiles... ). And a small problem with a leak in the en suite has developed into a full blown replacement of the whole cubicle, new tiles and a roofer fixing a problem with the lead flashing outside. Safe to say our £5k budget has been blown
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Our winter job is our en-suite. Can't wait to start. DH did a cracking job upstairs on our main bathroom about 2 years ago. En-suite desperately needing done! It's a pain of a room shape wise, long rectangular with a pain of a window at the end. I wanted DH to put the shower across the window, thinking he'd put a whole new window in so it won't rot but I've been told no. I then suggested treating the timber (like a boat) but been told no again! We have a corner curved shower just now and I would like a rectangular with a half wall tiled and whole glass door, minimal fixings, new toilet and not sure about the sink area. I'll have to have a good old nosey on pinterest and houzz for ideas. Last bathroom we got all our bits and bobs over the internet and used grohe for taps/shower which have been great. Then it's on to the bedroom which sorely needs re vamped. Our bedside cabinets are 30 years old!
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List