Notices
Guest Services Site Questions, a tech query or just want to test something.

Closed Thread

Old 7 Feb 13, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
Sorry there is no way of turning off Alerts. But if you have entered an ADR number you will not get a reminder about booking it. So if you have entered your 180 Day + 10 days ADR numbers you will not get the 10 days of reminders and alerts for booking them.
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 13, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Originally Posted by SMAX View Post
Sorry there is no way of turning off Alerts. But if you have entered an ADR number you will not get a reminder about booking it. So if you have entered your 180 Day + 10 days ADR numbers you will not get the 10 days of reminders and alerts for booking them.
OK thanks, I've entered all our ADR numbers so it should be OK.
Old 7 Feb 13, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Does the Calculator only support one lot of dates at once? I've entered both our April/May ADRs and August ones but I can only get one or the other to show on my phone and iPad depending on which one I have showing on the Calculator.

Sorry, I hope that makes sense.
Old 7 Feb 13, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I've only just noticed this it's really useful thanks. One thing I did notice was that, when I put calendar entries in for the USA I have to set the time zone for them to Miami so that they will be at the right time when I'm in the USA. If I don't do that then something I've put down for 7pm will not alert me at 7pm. As an example I've got an entry in for something at 5:30pm when I'm in Florida and that is currently showing as 22:30 on my calendar but when I get to Florida and the phone changes to Eastern time it will show the time as 5:30pm

The ADR's are showing at 7pm but when the phone changed to Eastern time that will change to 2pm. I hope I've explained that correctly!

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 13, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by TinkTatoo View Post
I've only just noticed this it's really useful thanks. One thing I did notice was that, when I put calendar entries in for the USA I have to set the time zone for them to Miami so that they will be at the right time when I'm in the USA. If I don't do that then something I've put down for 7pm will not alert me at 7pm. As an example I've got an entry in for something at 5:30pm when I'm in Florida and that is currently showing as 22:30 on my calendar but when I get to Florida and the phone changes to Eastern time it will show the time as 5:30pm

The ADR's are showing at 7pm but when the phone changed to Eastern time that will change to 2pm. I hope I've explained that correctly!
I have that problem as well Jakki.
Old 7 Feb 13, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
Does the Calculator only support one lot of dates at once? I've entered both our April/May ADRs and August ones but I can only get one or the other to show on my phone and iPad depending on which one I have showing on the Calculator.

Sorry, I hope that makes sense.
You can only have one range at any one time.
Old 7 Feb 13, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by TinkTatoo View Post

It works fine on my phone. I have set and ADR for 7pm and changed my timezone to Miami and it is still showing as 7pm. The entry isn't timezone specific so should be 7pm on any timezone.
Old 8 Feb 13, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
It works fine on my phone. I have set and ADR for 7pm and changed my timezone to Miami and it is still showing as 7pm. The entry isn't timezone specific so should be 7pm on any timezone.

Thanks Simon, it must be something I need to do on my phone then. I know when I input something into my calendar that I'm doing in the USA I set the timezone to Miami as I input it and once I'm there it's on the right time. If I forget and leave the timezone on Dublin when it's input the entry alerts me 5 hours earlier than it should be.

There's no option for editing the ADR's on my calendar so they should show up in the correct timezone once we're over there

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 13, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
It is different if you directly enter something on the phone yourself over here and then go over there. When you manually enter in this country it is timezone specific. So when you go over there the time changes.

I am saying the data entered into the ADR planner will stay the same time in any timezone.
Old 8 Feb 13, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
It is different if you directly enter something on the phone yourself over here and then go over there. When you manually enter in this country it is timezone specific. So when you go over there the time changes.

I am saying the data entered into the ADR planner will stay the same time in any timezone.
That is very handy.