Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Jun 17, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
kaboomba
Imagineer

Keeping 17 month old toddler amused on flight

Just looking for some ideas on keeping a very active toddler amused on the flight over?

He toddles about for sun rise to sun down, the only time he sits down is when he's sleeping 🙈 I'm starting to get a bit panicky about keeping him occupied and throwing a fit about having to sit on my lap. He currently will not entertain sitting on my knee unless it's through his own choice and will kick and scream until put down.

I know it won't be plain sailing (or flying) but wanting some ideas to help reduce the amount of tears.

Thanks
kaboomba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
AliPD
Imagineer

Colouring books and those sticker books you can buy help, you may end up covered in them but it's worth it.

Don't forget they have children's entertainment on the small tv's and that helps too.
The Gateway Inn 1994 - Howard Johnson 1996 - The Holiday Inn Express 1999 - The Sheraton World Resort 2001 - Howard Johnson Plaza 2004 - The Best Western Plaza 2006 - Econolodge Inn and Suites 2008 - High Grove Villa 2011 - Sandy Ridge Villa 2012 - Silver Creek Villa 2015 - Art Of Animation 2017.
AliPD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

we took our daughter just a week shy of her 2nd birthday

she loved walking up and down the plane, kept her occupied and some of the other passengers enjoyed seeing her (not all i might add but thats their tough luck!) on her wanders

along with the usual colouring books, ipad etc etc & a couple of naps the flight flies by..
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
sparkles18
Imagineer

My toddler walked up and down the plane all the way to Thailand and only sat down to eat and sleep! We made lots of new friends and to be honest the flight seemed to go quite quick
sparkles18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
ejmna1
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Take something that he loves doing for take off and landing as he has to play ball then and make sure you have something that stops the ear pressure issue - carton of juice for take of and landing or whatever is drink of choice. our best distraction was a goody bag full of little wrapped things for the flight which took just long enough to occupy us for the length of seat belt confinement. We have been lucky, mostly the little boy has been great - there was however that one flight...
As other have said once your up in the air -the planes a big place a most people are happy for a wee one to say hello
n
ejmna1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post

a surprise back pack that they cannot look into till the plane - has kept my twins occupied on many a flight from 1 year old.

put in colouring books, small toys, sticker books, sweets, cheerios and strawberry laces to thread necklaces - then they eat them

just pick up stuff from home bargains/poundland etc
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
loopyloo33
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Lots of snacks. Cereal bars, dried fruit etc.

Depending on how far your budget will stretch could you book an additional seat and use a car seat in it. We did that when my daughter was about 15 months old and was gret to settle her down a few hours to watch a film or something
loopyloo33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

When my youngest was that age I was extremely worried because he was never still and never quiet 😱
It was a very early start to the day so he was getting tired and cranky at the airport and soon after take off he fell asleep. I had took a pillow which was so good as he could be comfortable without his head sweating on my arm. When he woke up we had lots of walks up and down the flight and lots of little snacks. He enjoyed people watching but did not bother with any of the toys/stickers I took for him. It was certainly not a restful flight for my husband and I but at least my little one was quiet lol
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
LaughingPlace
slightly serious Dibber

LaughingPlace's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

People on a flight to Orlando will expect kids to be on the flight, remember that and don't worry!
LaughingPlace is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
theriler
Getting Excited

We're also taking our son just before his 2nd birthday in November and have decided to pay for a seat for him for our own, and his, comfort. Has anyone else done this and know whether a car seat is a requirement when having an infant in a seat? BA's website contradicts itself between saying its our choice and its a requirement and we've had several different answers when phoning them up.
theriler is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List