Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 9 Feb 20, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
bernard301
slightly serious Dibber

Split Stays - how to book

When the 2021 pricing comes out in March/April time we will be booking a split stay across Disney (8 nights , 8 nights and 5 nights). When it comes to booking it what is the best thing to do?
  • Can Disney book the full stay in one or do I need to make 3 different bookings and then have them all linked in MDE?
  • If I do this then do will I be entitled get the booking offers for each stay or are they likely to include a clause in the T's&C's preventing this (eg if I were to get the $100 gift card for each booking).
  • Would the dining plan be split across the 21 night break or the 3 separate bookings (and likewise with FP/ADR)

hope this makes sense
bernard301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by bernard301 View Post
When the 2021 pricing comes out in March/April time we will be booking a split stay across Disney (8 nights , 8 nights and 5 nights). When it comes to booking it what is the best thing to do?
  • Can Disney book the full stay in one or do I need to make 3 different bookings and then have them all linked in MDE?
  • If I do this then do will I be entitled get the booking offers for each stay or are they likely to include a clause in the T's&C's preventing this (eg if I were to get the $100 gift card for each booking).
  • Would the dining plan be split across the 21 night break or the 3 separate bookings (and likewise with FP/ADR)

hope this makes sense
I have got three separate Disney hotels for my December trip. I booked them all individually and linked each to MDE, they are not linked to each other specifically, they are three separate bookings.

If you meet the criteria for each offer on each booking then yes you can get three offers.

You can not have a dining plan on all three bookings unless you buy everyone a separate set of park tickets for all three bookings.

I understand that FP booking windows will be combined and will open up on your first stay. I believe the ADR booking windows will open up separately for each stay, somebody has just reported on another thread that this has happened for them.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
bernard301
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I have got three separate Disney hotels for my December trip. I booked them all individually and linked each to MDE, they are not linked to each other specifically, they are three separate bookings.

If you meet the criteria for each offer on each booking then yes you can get three offers.

You can not have a dining plan on all three bookings unless you buy everyone a separate set of park tickets for all three bookings.

I understand that FP booking windows will be combined and will open up on your first stay. I believe the ADR booking windows will open up separately for each stay, somebody has just reported on another thread that this has happened for them.
If that's the case re dining plan then it might be a case of no split stay or back to looking at villas again. I've made the same enquiry direct to Disney so I'll wait for them to come back to me
bernard301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Can Disney book the full stay in one or do I need to make 3 different bookings and then have them all linked in MDE?
3 separate bookings
you'll be able to link them all on MDX, but they will be separate

If I do this then do will I be entitled get the booking offers for each stay or are they likely to include a clause in the T's&C's preventing this (eg if I were to get the $100 gift card for each booking).
you could get free dining and gift card for the first stay (it HAS to be the first stay, as free dining requires tickets)
then you could mix and match, with for example a free room offer at a later time for stay 2 or/and 3, or even get some US site offer

depends on the offers, but in order to get free dine and gift card you NEED to purchase tickets, so to get free dining and gift card for all 3 stays, you'd need to get 14 days tickets for each of those stays ... not very cost effective, lol

[*]Would the dining plan be split across the 21 night break or the 3 separate bookings (and likewise with FP/ADR)
no, unless you get a set of tickets for each stay, you will only get DDP for the length of stay you got it for, so if for first stay, it will only be for the number of nights of that stay, and credits will expire on the evening of your check out day

it's important you got the dining plan and ticket for the first stay, as tickets won't be valid before check in for the stay they were booked for
so if you were to get Free dining for second stay, you would not have tickets for the first stay (an issue very well known by those who split onsite and offsite, if you do villa first then disney, then you won't have tickets for the villa stay, you need to start with disney, then move offsite if you want free dining or any kind of package)

ADRs will be at 180 from each check in , and only for the duration of each separate stay

FP+ will be avalable at 60 from each check in
you will only be able to hold 14 days worth of FP+ at one time

Edited at 01:15 PM.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post

If that's the case re dining plan then it might be a case of no split stay or back to looking at villas again. I've made the same enquiry direct to Disney so I'll wait for them to come back to me
It is definitely the case that you would need to purchase tickets for all three stays in order to get a dining plan I am afraid. If it were not the case, I think a lot of people would be doing split stays.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Unless Disney have a major change to T&Cs it’s not possible without buying park tickets for each stay. Each offer is different though so I doubt they’ll be able to answer based on an offer that hasn’t been (and may not be) released.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List