Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Feb 20, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Home security

Hi, what security cameras do you have?
Car was broken into last night and we need to get a better one.
Thanks
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Without going into the roof to check the hard drive I couldn't tell you. I do know my cameras are Sony though and they are fine. Nice colour image and good at nighttime. Only issue is having to get the ladders out all the time to get the darn spiders webs off as they like the heat!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

what exactly are you wanting? just a camera pointing at the car? or multiple cameras?
is there somewhere nearby with power you can run a cable to it easily?
is there a resonable home wifi signal outside the house where the car lives?
are you wanting it to record to a DVR somewhere in the house, or just upload to the cloud when it detects movement? (and send you an email/alert)
are you ok paying a subscription for cloud services?

do you have a budget in mind, and is this something you're able to do yourself (drilling/mounting up a ladder/running cables/etc) or something you want to get someone in to do?

i've got a wired cctv system covering the whole of the house, going down into a secure area where the DVR lives. but depending on budget/effort/wifi coverage, you may be better off with a battery powered wifi camera and just sticking it on charge every few months

hth
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We have the Blink system bought from amazon we bought two cameras but you can add more, we've had it a few months now for exactly the reason your wanting one and its really great. we paid around £150 it has an App which links to your phone, records every time there is movement, you can change the area for picking up movement ( make it larger etc) you can receive notifications when it triggers, it has talk through both ways. its a really good inexpensive CCTV system, really clear picture.
Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23
Jules32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

We also have the Amazon blink system. We have 3 cameras. One covering the front of the house, one at the side which covers the driveway where the car is kept and the garage door and the other the rear garden. DS lives next door and he has the same system which also covers the other side of our house. Very pleased with it so far. Images are clear and good at night.

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. Wanye has given some good options. Plus you have Mickey House on here who is a sparks and can tell you some decent makes without going crazy with big money.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Without going into the roof to check the hard drive I couldn't tell you. I do know my cameras are Sony though and they are fine. Nice colour image and good at nighttime. Only issue is having to get the ladders out all the time to get the darn spiders webs off as they like the heat!
We have a camera (not great quality for pictures) and totally obscured by a giant spider web.
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
what exactly are you wanting? just a camera pointing at the car? or multiple cameras?
is there somewhere nearby with power you can run a cable to it easily?
is there a resonable home wifi signal outside the house where the car lives?
are you wanting it to record to a DVR somewhere in the house, or just upload to the cloud when it detects movement? (and send you an email/alert)
are you ok paying a subscription for cloud services?

do you have a budget in mind, and is this something you're able to do yourself (drilling/mounting up a ladder/running cables/etc) or something you want to get someone in to do?

i've got a wired cctv system covering the whole of the house, going down into a secure area where the DVR lives. but depending on budget/effort/wifi coverage, you may be better off with a battery powered wifi camera and just sticking it on charge every few months

hth

I don’t really know what I want other than multiple cameras. Front, back and side. Big spate of crime in our nice neighbourhood recently and husband works nights. After last night, I want us to feel safe and secure. I’m often home alone with the children. I want something that alerts us/husband. Wifi is nt too bad but not great on the drive. My husband is pretty good with technology and electrics. I know nothing!
Thanks
Old 21 Feb 20, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
costco/Home-Improv...meras/p/260934
I also bought two extra cameras so have front, steps, patio, side, and garden covered.
All recordings onto a HD as well as viewing on an app.
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

We have high walls and electric gates, cameras, alarms we set at night and when out, are we safe, dont think so...
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List