Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Apr 20, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
epickles
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Anyone else not given up hope for end of May yet?

To date our VA flight is still active for the end of May. I know nobody can know for sure what will happen, but am I being ridiculous for even holding out any hope for the very end of May? We're not doing Disney, but are doing Universal, DC & Seaworld.
I'm a frontline NHS worker so am fully aware of the impact of this horrendous virus, but I'm also fully aware of the impact a worldwide recession can have on people's health. I can't see everything coming to a stop for the rest of 2020

EDIT - We have booked everything separately, so unable to postpone without VA actually cancelling our flights

Edited at 04:33 PM.
epickles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 20, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Wishuponastar
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by epickles View Post
To date our VA flight is still active for the end of May. I know nobody can know for sure what will happen, but am I being ridiculous for even holding out any hope for the very end of May? We're not doing Disney, but are doing Universal, DC & Seaworld.
I'm a frontline NHS worker so am fully aware of the impact of this horrendous virus, but I'm also fully aware of the impact a worldwide recession can have on people's health. I can't see everything coming to a stop for the rest of 2020

EDIT - We have booked everything separately, so unable to postpone without VA actually cancelling our flights
Our trip is the end of May and first week in June. I fully expect to cancel but I’m holding out as it’s too early to move things yet. I’m hopefully going to move everything to the same time next year. It was for my 40th so I’m gutted but my husband is letting me pencil in a Halloween trip to DLP as well!
Wishuponastar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 20, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
epickles
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by Wishuponastar View Post
Our trip is the end of May and first week in June. I fully expect to cancel but I’m holding out as it’s too early to move things yet. I’m hopefully going to move everything to the same time next year. It was for my 40th so I’m gutted but my husband is letting me pencil in a Halloween trip to DLP as well!
Will you go if the option is still there?
Our dilemma is that if the flight is going, we have to be on it else we'll loose all our money. I wish we had the option of moving it now so I could just box off that little piece of stress and concentrate on work.
I've read of VA waiting until the day before to cancel flights - and that would be devastating. Sadly, we were also the victims of the TC collapse
epickles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 20, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Nope. We've cancelled and moved to next year
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 20, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Hornsby044
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

I’m still planning on going, will only not go if BA cancel my flight. Not doing Disney or Universal, just seaworld - 3 park etc. There is a bit of me that honestly knows we’re not going but you never know... stranger things have happened. Can’t live with all the doom and gloom, life is too short.
Hornsby044 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 20, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel5678
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

My hotel is closed for the time we should be going because of the virus. Virgin holidays have not been in touch with me to let me know. So will wait nearer the time for them to cancel as only hotels available are a lot more than we paid and I am not paying more.
Mel5678 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 20, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

I have 3 holidays booked 😢
But one is to Gran Canaria the first week of June if the flight is on and restaurants are open we are going.
I am really hoping we can go x

'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do' -just saying
hilz22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 20, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Wishuponastar
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by epickles View Post
Will you go if the option is still there?
Our dilemma is that if the flight is going, we have to be on it else we'll loose all our money. I wish we had the option of moving it now so I could just box off that little piece of stress and concentrate on work.
I've read of VA waiting until the day before to cancel flights - and that would be devastating. Sadly, we were also the victims of the TC collapse
I know it’s really hard. It’s probably just a case of sitting tight and waiting.
On a side note thanks for everything you are doing in your job. You are amazing!
Wishuponastar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 20, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
coulty47
Apprentice Imagineer

We are supposed to be going 21st May, our Tui flight is still classed as going and we have to wait until it is canceled to get money back. But I have canceled our holiday with Disney got all our money back. Just have to wait now for Tui they are dealing with "canceled " flights up to 16th April at the moment.
coulty47 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 20, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Wysbob
Proud to wear my Ears

We are not going till October, I know the post is for May however, we are keeping everything crossed and hoping for the best. We are still carrying on and booking our ADR's as if its still going ahead :0)

Edited at 06:54 PM.
Wysbob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List