Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Apr 20, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
amandathepanda
Imagineer

Would you book a new trip now for September this year ?

So we are already booked for June 14th to Orlando which is paid in full and I suppose no one knows if it will go ahead or not. I’ve seen a good price for September 28th for 2 weeks. If the June one doesn’t happen then at least I will have a September one to look forward to. It’s with TUI £125 deposit each and balance to be paid 4 weeks before departure. would you book or not with the current climate ?
Old 2 Apr 20, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I don't think we'll know until closer to the time but I think theres a higher chance of September trips going ahead than June trips. If Disney re-opens in June I think they won't know what they're doing and how everything is going to work whereas if you were to go in September and the parks still open in June then it gives Disney a chance to work out how everything will work and iron out the kinks!

I think the only plus side to still going in June is if the parks do open it might be slightly quieter due to everyone moving their trips to the end of this year and next. I guess you just have to weigh up your options and see what will work best for you!

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 20, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
amandathepanda
Imagineer

Originally Posted by meegraine View Post
I don't think we'll know until closer to the time but I think theres a higher chance of September trips going ahead than June trips. If Disney re-opens in June I think they won't know what they're doing and how everything is going to work whereas if you were to go in September and the parks still open in June then it gives Disney a chance to work out how everything will work and iron out the kinks!

I think the only plus side to still going in June is if the parks do open it might be slightly quieter due to everyone moving their trips to the end of this year and next. I guess you just have to weigh up your options and see what will work best for you!
As it happens on the June trip we weren’t planning on doing parks anyway, just going to chill and eat 😂
Old 2 Apr 20, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

We have a September trip booked but I’m not even considering it as viable yet.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 20, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Not in a million years. We have one booked already but it’s covered by insurance. I wouldn’t feel comfortable booking anything for this year at the moment.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 20, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
stepmead
Imagineer

I wouldn’t book either. I’ve just cancelled most of my July/Aug trip and looking to swap to next year.

Crowne Plaza Universal (Sept '04), DLP (Dec '07), Bahama Bay (Nov '09), Eagle Pointe (Sept '10), Bella Vida (Sept '11), Sunset Crest Villa, Barbados (Aug '12), Beach View Barbados (Oct '13), DLP (Mar '15), Porters Gate Villa, Barbados (Oct '16), Cypress Pointe (May '17), Solterra Resort/Royal Pacific (July '18), Tides Inn Lauderdale, Cabana Bay & Windsor at Westside (July ‘19), Grove Resort (Feb ‘20)
stepmead is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 20, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

I wouldn’t because of the uncertainty here and the US.
Old 2 Apr 20, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
KRBarnard
Very Serious Dibber

KRBarnard's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Absolutely not. We are booked to go on 2nd October and I'm planning for February/March now which I think is still a little optimistic.

Florida issued their "Stay at Home" to start from today... We've been doing it for a couple of weeks almost, and our advisors are saying social distancing will be around for the next 6 months with periods of self isolation as we experience new peaks of the virus. It will be at least 10 months before a vaccination is available according to credible experts.

Given that no insurance company on this planet will cover COVID-19 related cancellations now, I definitely wouldn't be commiting to a new holiday. Should things improve faster than expected, I reckon they'll be plenty of cheap deals around as many will not be in the financial position to go on holiday.
Gateway Inn '97 Radisson Barcelo '99 Quality Inn Plaza '01 Quality Inn Int'l '03 La Quinta Inns&Suites '05 B.W. Movieland '07 Holiday Inn '08 & '09 Indian Creek '10 & '11 Vista Cay '12 Rosen Inn @ Pointe and Miami '13 Vista Cay '13,'14,'15,'16 CBR '16 Tampa, POR & SSR '17 OKW + Vista Cay '18 Windsor Hills '19 Vista Cay'22
KRBarnard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 20, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Only if I knew that:

a) I knew I had absolute cast-iron insurance that could protect me from any Covid-19 eventuality, and with Trump in charge, that could mean anything at all.

b) I could get every single penny back if I chose to bail myself.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 20, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Lell
Imagineer

Lell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I wouldn’t book for September. We are due to fly to Boston 26th August and I reckon it’s highly unlikely we will get. I would plan for next year instead.
DLP (Disney Explorers) Sep 2004, DLP (Sequoia Lodge) Sep 2007, Disney CSR/Universal RPR Oct 2010, Disney AKL Oct 2012, Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld Oct 2014, West Coast Road Trip 2017, Florida Road Trip 2018, West Coast Road Trip 2019, East Coast/Canada Road trip 2022, National Parks Road Trip 2023
Lell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List